We are a leading company in the manufacture of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) making some of the world's best loved brands like Gillette, Fairy and Oral-B. We are looking to hire motivated and high calibre experienced time served technicians at our London (West Thurrock) Site. This type of role will suit the person who is looking for a career and not a job. We are a build from within company and expect those recruited to want to be developed to move up our pay reward system.
We have an exciting full time, permanent role for an outstanding manager with project engineering experience. Who will be key to supporting our daily manufacturing business by helping to deliver projects to the highest standards. Capital/Initiative Portfolio Management
Ensure safety needs are met
- Lead large capital projects in line with company Capital Management guide-lines
- Scope development ensuring the project delivers the best value for the capital approved
- Develop a detailed cost estimate for mechanical, electrical & civil scope of works
- Own the project execution for the aligned scope
- Manage cost and schedule tracking and provide monthly updates
- Lead the various phases of a project from design + construct through to start-up
- Follow P&G capital compliance systems and be prepared to share results in an internal compliance audit
- Process and technical safety compliance on design/scope are met
- Ensure Legal compliance on Health Safety & Environment through consultation with central risk group
- Ensure that safety is considered the TOP priority with all stake-holders (Especially contractors through regular tool box talks, communication plans and detailed procedures)
- Lead regular safety meetings with project contractors and review their safety system results
Build the organization
- Own the site execution works for the capital projects
- Be the lead engineer dealing with all communication with contractors for safety, quality and schedule control
- Responsible for all aspects of the Construction management (Depending upon the size of the project)
- Lead and deliver all commissioning and start up tasks of the project
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Lead regular 1-2-1 meetings with the project technicians to track progress on their development
At P&G #weseeequal
- An opportunity for you to develop and deliver state of the art technologies supported by multi-million capital investments.
- Continuous coaching - you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and respectful work environment - employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/left balance: Competitive holiday allowance, overtime, P&G discount site, staff shop, local event tickets and more.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes pension, life assurance, health insurance, a stock ownership scheme and other social benefits. Regular salary revisions and possible promotions - all in line with your results, performance and potential. To find more information about our benefits package take a look here: https://www.pgcareers.com/benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in outstanding ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to encourage us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request an accommodation by clicking 'application help' at the top right-hand corner of the career website. Qualifications Qualifications:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or similar degree
- Experience in sourcing and/or accounts payable experience in the following: sourcing strategy development, completive bidding, supplier analysis, negotiation, supplier management, account payment, invoicing, or relevant experience.
- Previous experience with SAP and Coupa is preferred, but not required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and stay organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company;
Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job locations: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full-time
Job categories: Engineering
Req No: ENG00002287