Closing Date for this application is 03/10/2020
If this position receives high volumes of applications we reserve the right to close this advert earlier than stated, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.Bicycle Mechanic
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to start their Evans Cycles Adventure and help each and every one of our customers to get on their bike!About the Role:
For our Mechanics, tinkering on their bike is no longer just a hobby. We want hands-on, technically minded individuals who understand the importance of taking care of our customer's pride and joy. Be it a road bike, kid's bike or top of the range mountain bike. You will be helping keep our customer's wheels turning.
You will be a representative of Evans Cycles and an ambassador for cycling. Previous experience in a professional workshop or a knowledge of bike mechanics would be great although not essential; you should have an extensive working knowledge of bike mechanics and maintenance. You will be enrolled on Prologue (our in-house training program) from day one, giving you the skills and knowledge to confidently meet the needs of each individual customer.About You:
- Have a good understanding of mechanical principles and a great level of technical bike building knowledge
- Demonstrate a readiness to learn and develop
- Be approachable and able to demonstrate strong communication skills that are tailored to customers with varying levels of cycling experience
- Be a flexible and committed team player, willing to support the store during our busy peak season
- Have strong problem solving skills and demonstrate an ability to use your initiative whilst working independently
- Show a commitment to developing skills in others, through sharing your knowledge
- Be willing to contribute to admin and data analysis tasks relating to the running of the workshop
We've come a long way from the local shop in Kennington Road, London in 1921. Back then we made our own bikes, and even won awards for the quality of our service. It was (and still is) all about knowledge, passion and value. These three things are still part of our DNA - we're still a local bike shop, but now with nationwide stores and a huge online store that operate on a global scale.