We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
THIS ADVERT IS FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY. Unfortunately, external candidates will not be considered on this occasion but please keep up to date with our latest vacancies.About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Garden/Seasonal category for a Category Assistant. This role will allow you to further develop your skills with dual specialisms of buying and merchandising, sharpen up your trading skills and hone your commercial knowledge along the way too!
- Own the end to end product set up, through to go live and trading
- Creating line level product forecasts and order requirements in response to performance and stock holding to maximise both availability and stock efficiency
- Manage stock through critical path management, progression and replenishment whilst identifying where price/promotional activity is required
- Conducts regular market research to recognise any issues on pricing or competitor activity and make recommendations
- May own a supplier, or product attribute, from range building, through forecasting, trading and promo activity (funding) (dependant on desire to progress)
- May be involved in sourcing or onboarding new suppliers or brands
- Produce adhoc reports for the wider category, including for example, SMART availability and Broken promises commentary and actions
Relationship building is essential as strong relationships will be required within the immediate team, across the business and with external suppliers.
- Product Development: Supporting the Design team & Category Manager to identify key trends for the season and aid the modernisation of core ranges whilst identifying product/brand gaps. Involved in the briefing of product briefs and NPD throughout the supply chain. In particular, oversees Asia and European offices, UK sources, & Quality team
- Commercial awareness: Awareness of the market is key, keeping track of competitor product ranges and activity and actively looking for ways to support the overall category trading performance
- Supply management: Both internally (ie logistics, 2 man distribution) and externally (brand relationships). Important to build strong relationships to maximise commercial and profitability opportunities throughout the P&L
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Solutions and delivery focused, a decision maker who can work under pressure, obsess over the customer, and make the right choices to benefit their experience.
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Positive, driven and brings energy to the role
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Adapts to change and demonstrates resilience
- Lives the Values
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
CLOSING DATE: Friday 11th September
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact [email protected] in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.