- Holds Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) National and International
- Proven experience in leading a busy and large-scale transport operation within a growing and rapidly scaling business
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing people; experience of people management and data-driven decision making
- Prior experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques
- High ability to deal with ambiguity and handle changing priorities, to effectively prioritize, to multitask, and to use good judgment in pressure situations
- Ability to develop creative and scalable solutions independently, and drive them from ideation to successful completion; results oriented; "self-starter"
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence the senior management
- Business fluent in English
EU Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is a high-powered dynamic team which is shaping the middle-mile planning and execution, and developing and applying innovative transportation management concepts to improve and enhance the Amazon Transportation network to ultimately drive the best customer experience in a reliable and cost-efficient manner, every time. EU Transportation Operations Management (TOM) is looking for an experienced Transportation Area Manager with a strong delivery record and operations experience to own and execute strategic and cross-functional transportation operations. TOM team focuses on managing the yard and dock activities in the Sort centers and Fulfillment Centers across the EU.
About the role
You will be the responsible and accountable leader for a team of associates in a cluster in the UK (Manchester). You will own the operations and engagement of your shift with the aim to optimize associates' experience and performance in hand with load planning and efficiency, with a focus on Safety.
This team will be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. If you have a safety focused, customer obsessed transportation industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment we would love to hear from you.
- You’ll need to safeguard your team’s safety, promoting Amazon’s Health and Safety standards, commit to all safety programs and compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates,
- You’ll ensure your team is engaged and motivated, with a culture of ownership and high performance,
- You’ll work with cross-functional teams,
- You’ll uphold Amazon’s high standards of process quality,
- You’ll strive to improve and streamline processes, diving deep to find root causes quickly,
- You’ll actively share and promote best practices with your colleagues and network,
- You’ll find practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality,
- You’ll think analytically about project management,
- You’ll provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback,
- You’ll communicate daily metrics and report exception,
- You’ll act as the responsible and accountable person in respect of the Operator License (O License),
- You'll prepare and participate in Operations daily calls to communicate your team's performance to TOM leadership,
- You'll require extensive travel within your cluster.
- Master’s Degree or similar education in Operations Research, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain, Economics, Business Administration, or a similar related discipline
- Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons