About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our EMEA Finance team for a Senior Management Accountant. Working in a department of 40 supporting the EMEA region of FTI Consulting, this role is ideally suited to someone who is 3 year+ PQE and possesses excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
What You'll Do
Participate in accounting for segment finance activities, primarily revenue recognition. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of US GAAP, though IFRS and/or UK GAAP beneficial, as well as experience with revenue recognition, reporting, and controls. This person will report to the Segment Manager – Strategic Communications/Technology and interact with global, US based, Segment finance leaders
Monthly Accounting Close
• Revenue Recognition:
o Review sales contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition under ASC 606 for US GAAP
o Analyse and understand various products/business and revenue/expense
streams to ensure proper setup in the system and proper revenue recognition
o Month-end financial close review of revenue and expense ledgers with closing schedules: prepare revenue journal entries and account reconciliations
o Create and analyze revenue related reports
o Participate in evaluation and documentation of revenue-related policies and procedures
• Prepare and post monthly journal entries to record work in progress (‘WIP’) and accounts receivable reserves, bad debt expense, and other adjustments required under ASC606
• Maintain journal entry tracking spreadsheet for the EMEA Segment Finance Controller’s departments.
• Preparation of general ledger account reconciliations in line with SOX requirements
• Review and approval of journals and reconciliations performed by Management Accountants
• Coach the Management Accountants and assist the Segment Manager with on-the-job training for new team members
• Identify process issues and implement improvements to enhance productivity and efficiency
• Support and improve month, quarter, and year-end close processes and reporting
• Strict adherence with the SOX compliance process (handle SOX queries, SOX self-assessment)
• Accurate and timely submission of regulatory reporting (VAT/PSA/EC sales) as required
• Assist with the preparation of annual statutory accounts for EMEA entities
• Direct liaison with external auditors
• Other special projects, ad hoc support and duties as directed by the EMEA Segment Finance Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
• Qualified accountant, minimum 3 years+ PQE (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Experience of performing month end close process either within industry or from an audit/review perspective
• Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, UK GAAP or other European GAAP, and Sarbanes Oxley environments
• Extensive experience of working to tight month end deadlines
• Ability to prioritise
• Must be able to demonstrate ability to work in a team
• Excellent knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and analysis formulas
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
• Self-starter, confident with outgoing personality and highly professional approach to their work
• Natural curiosity to identify, understand and articulate the underlying drivers behind financial performance of a segment, business unit or department
• Professional services experience
• Experience of working in a matrix organisation and dealing with European subsidiaries
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.Additional Information
London, England, London, SE11, United Kingdom