Integration Specialist - Application Operations
At Primark, the Technology team and solutions portfolio are undergoing a phase of major growth and change to ensure we can align and keep pace with the rapid growth we have seen over the last 50 years. We currently support over 200 applications which are used in our head offices and stores across more than 12 countries worldwide.
We have a number of major technical transformation programmes in flight, one of the most important of these being a transition to Oracle Retail. Having completed the migration to Oracle Financials in 2017, we now need to prepare to take on a solution, the scale and complexity of which, is previously unknown within the organisation.
A number of key Operational roles have been identified to run and continually optimise the solution in production, who will be integral in assisting the programme to complete that transition from delivery to Operations. Successful individuals will not only have the chance to work in a highly diverse and quick-paced environment but the ability to work with some of the latest technology the market has to offer.
Reporting to the Technical Team Manager - Application Operations, as the Integration Specialist, you will be the internal SME responsible for technical ownership, support and optimisation of the integration landscape working in an environment of over 200 applications, multiple vendors and internal IT teams. As an Integration Specialist, you will provide technical assistance and direction to the wider team, ensuring that all technologies work effectively together and maintain the end-to-end architecture constantly looking at ways to improve or optimise.
What we're looking for
The Integration Specialist will have a strong technical background and experience with integration technologies and standards and platform like IBMs IIB or Oracle's ODI. You'll have knowledge of Oracle application, a good understanding of core support processes and proficient in creating and maintaining documentation with attention to detail. As well as the above, you'll be an excellent communicator, a fast learner and problem solver and have the flexibility when it comes to supporting new technologies.
Some of your key responsibilities would include:
• Work closely with the integration CoE as well as across all technology teams to understand the impact to operations of new and existing integrations
• Participate in/drive the integration of over 30 applications into Oracle Retail by working closely with the programme team
• Define and improve operational processes pertaining to the integration landscape
• Manage the support budget for the integration platforms across Primark
• Support technical teams during Incident and Problem management activities
• Guidance and governance for vendors, using your technical knowledge and expertise to influence and aid project governance and decision making
• Describing the structure, characteristics, behaviour, and other aspects of implementation and integration to wider programme stakeholders.
• Govern the delivery of services from an integration perspective
• Define operational integration standards to which the delivery teams need to adhere
• Responsible for assuring integration changes through the change management process
• Provide technical ownership of the integration landscape
• Review all RFCs and changes pertaining to the integration landscape as part of Primark's Change Control process
Why work with us?
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals. Having a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme is our way of acknowledging this. We'll also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we're all about at Primark. We'll encourage you to network and plan your own development - and we'll give you lots of training, whether it's in-house or on courses, to help you achieve your ambitions. Your Day Your Way at Primark means you get to choose when to start and finish your workday. Choose to work remotely if you like, in a way that suits you but also helps us get the most out of your talents.
Our head office in Reading is where we've created the workplace of the future! It's bright, airy and filled with natural light, and its spacious layout makes it easy to work across teams and get the lowdown on everything that's happening at Primark. We've installed modern workstations that flex with the way you work and our meeting rooms all have state-of-the- art technology. But it's not all work, work, work. We have stylish breakout areas and a café that specialises in fresh, nutritious menus - and if you're feeling energetic, simply head down to the basement and use our fully equipped gym.
Living and working in Reading
Reading is a large, vibrant and historic university town in Berkshire that is ranked one of the UK's top areas for economic success and wellbeing. Well served by the M4 motorway and rail links to London and Bristol, it's a major commercial centre with businesses ranging from IT to insurance. There's plenty to do here, from relaxing by the River Thames or shopping in the town's large retail centre to enjoying the bands at the annual Reading Festival.
So, are you inspired to help Primark move onto bigger and better things? Join the Application Operations team Primark in Reading.