- Senior Manager, London, South & East Public Sector Sales (138987)
Senior Manager, London, South & East Public Sector Sales ( 138987 )
Job function : Account management
Schedule : Full-time
Working pattern : Standard
Closing date : Aug 8, 2020, 5:59:00 PM
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
As a member of the South & Wales CPS Regional Leadership team, this role will be responsible for leading, coaching and developing a team of Account Managers and Business Development Managers focused on the Public Sector, across the London, South & East (Public Sector) sub-region. Public sector customers are those whose total potential spend with BT is between £1m-£3m and whose current spend with BT is at least £100k. These are customers whose growth potential warrants a face to face relationship and whose spending level with us means that we want to be having a regular conversation with them either to renew existing business or to extend the business across more product towers.
This role provides operational leadership and drives the delivery of profit and revenue growth both in-year and across the term of the MTP for Public Sector customers across the London, South & East (Public Sector) sub-region. This role will be responsible for delivering through others to achieve the execution of growth priorities, retaining existing customers, winning new business through nurturing existing relationships and developing new stakeholder relationships, becoming BT’s ambassador and establishing our brand for UK Public Sector business in the sub-region.
This role will be responsible for driving sales performance, managing the diversity of Public Sector accounts for the sub-region through frequent and meaningful customer interactions (appropriate to the size of the customer) and careful planning and forecasting to ensure the best return on investment. Particular emphasis is placed on getting the best out of account managers and business development colleagues through coaching and continual improvement.
Sales a highly relational activity and excellence is only delivered by creating an environment for brilliant performance. This role will maintain a continual focus on building a high performance culture, building and revising plans based on Your Say results and working constantly with the team to achieve the best outcomes.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- Responsible for sales plans and performance of the team that is critical to the delivery of the sub-region sales strategy and plans; financial measures (Revenue, EBITDA, SOVGM) and non–financial measures (KPIs, NPS, Your Say)
- Responsible for driving performance of Public Sector sales and establishing and extending BT’s brand presence, credibility and reach into the sector across the sub-region; increasing the propensity of customers to buy from BT in this area
- Uses external and internal networks to adapt the sector plan to changing market forces, competitor activity and customer opportunities
- Responsible for creating a reputation that attracts the very best talent (internal & external) and an environment for the team to focus on customer loyalty and long-term relationships
- Uses reward and recognition tools to motivate team
- Accountable for driving the mix of core and new core to ensure a sustainable future
- Moving customers away from end of life technology to new technology whilst protecting customer experience and revenue
- Sets customer engagement plan for the team and manages across Service, Customer Solutions, Sales Enablement and Contract Management to drive excellent customer experience and NPS improvements
- Works with other stakeholders across Enterprise to ensure customer engagement plans are implemented
- Promotes customer engagement across the team continually assessing and adapting to changing customer requirements and engagement levels
- Identifies external bodies/boards that are influential to the sector within the sub-region and aligns BT representation
- Responsible for growing and developing strong regional expertise in the sector, with an understanding of the political, social and economic drivers used to inform the sales approach
- Uncompromising in bringing the customer voice for the sector to the heart of decision making, using intelligence from the customer base and combining this with the latest research and trends
- Leverages cross-sector relationships across the sub-region to enhance customer engagement and mobility within the operating model
- Uses sales reporting, analytics and commercial insights to drive continual improvement for the best KPI outcomes
- Accountable for driving subject matter expertise amongst the account management and business development colleagues, creates an environment in which sales professionals can be brilliant
- Responsible for timely and effective coaching and mentoring
- Accountable for building a culture of continuous learning and development across the team
- Accountable for assuring compliance with sales processes and our legal and competition requirements within the team e.g. salesforce data management, pipeline management, Winning New Business
- Adheres to governance requirements of sales pay plan and sales incentives
- Accountable for assuring compliance requirements of the team e.g. Mandatory Training, Expenses and Gifts and Hospitality policies
You'll have the following skills & experience
- People leadership skills commensurate with an sales management role responsible for motivating a sales team
- Strong interpersonal skills working with customers and wider BT teams
- Coaching individuals in pursuit of sales excellence
- Takes action based on analysis of trends including changing customer demand or opportunities to enhance sales performance
- Consulting skills with the ability to position BT in a commercially attractive and competitive position
- Owns customer problems across BT to drive solutions
- Understands the strategies and market dynamics affecting Telco's and customer buying decisions (e.g. what are the future impacts of Cloud, IoT , AI etc.) and translate into how should we position BT in these areas
- Remains current on emerging technology, market conditions, industry standards, government regulations, and other factors affecting business operations and incorporates relevant innovation into customer conversations
- The ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical individuals in sales situations
- Ability to deal with challenging customer predicaments and high profile customer opportunities through escalation and senior stakeholder engagement
Experience you would be expected to have
- Sales management experience in Telco or Technology sectors with proven ability to build sales teams.
- Ability to lead, influence, develop, drive and motivate at an operational and tactical level
- Ability to deliver on business objectives and stretching sales targets, improving results through performance management and coaching creating an operating environment where people want to achieve outstanding results and are highly engaged.
- Ability to use insight to make strategic and agile operational decisions enabling the team to win, develop and retain profitable business.
- Experience of driving virtual teams to deliver necessary business results.
- Competitive salary and on-target bonus plan
- World-class training and development opportunities
- 25-30 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
- Car allowance (dependent on your role)
- Healthcare, share option and pension scheme programmes
- Automatic enrolment into our ‘Sales as Profession’ community
- Flexible benefits to fit around you
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!