Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Ready to Margin (RTM) team was created to facilitate the formation of margin relationships with clients from the point of initial negotiation until the enablement of successful exchange of margin, optimizing the client experience while complying with applicable regulations.
The AM team sits within RTM and supports all derivative products across Goldman Sachs. The Team's primary responsibility is to review and analyze Counterparty documentation against what is captured in the Legal and margining systems, to ensure accurate information is flowing into downstream systems. Our work directly impacts transaction pricing, margin calls, confirm generation, collateral enforceability and the firm's liquidity.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Review and analyze ISDA/ CSA and other Master/ Credit Support documentation; determine material clauses and identify key risks in documentation
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Legal and margin work-flow and systems
• Liaise with Legal, Credit, Middle Office, Trading/ Sales/ Strategists, Corporate Treasury, Collateral and other internal GS Teams on issues
• Review and understand all upcoming regulations to properly assess the impact to the team and the firm
• Work closely with Engineering to identify/ resolve system issues, and implement system enhancements to increase efficiency in current processes
• Identify potential risks in operational processes; develop and implement controls to mitigate risk
• Analyze and improve work-flow to improve operational efficiency
• Work with the global team to produce reports and build metrics
• Address adhoc issues
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree, with 2-5 years of relevant experience as below:
o Derivative documentation experience in either in Ops Documentation Teams (Drafting, Middle Office) or Derivative Legal Teams
o Familiarity with ISDA Masters Agreements and the relevant schedules along with NY and/ or UK law CSA’s
• Ability to break down and fully understand documentation and parse into constituent components
• Attention to detail – goal of zero defect in work product
• Ability to work independently as well as be part of an interactive team
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Strong control orientation
• Good problem solving skills/ judgment – including ability to identify issues that require escalation
• Excellent verbal and written communication – role requires a lot of interaction with internal clients as well as drafting process documentation
• Self-starter who will push themselves to learn
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more:
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
London, England, London, SE11, United Kingdom