Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we've been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation's Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company Mondelez International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of "Science Enhancing Lives".Purpose of the Role
Reading Science Centre is the Global Science Centre for Mondelez International. In addition to providing research and scientific services to its parent company it also provides a range of scientific services to other companies operating in the the food and pharmaceutical industries.
RSSL UK sales is $24MM, rising c. 5-10% pa. and employs over 300 people.
Key elements of the role include:
- Managing Purchase Orders System.
- Managing the RSSL Vendor Creation process.
- Chasing Purchase Orders.
The role reports to the RSSL Purchasing Manager Main Responsibilities
- Contract Management :
- Maintaining the RSSL Contract database.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to obtain suppliers service quotations.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure all service contracts are invoiced correctly.
- Create SLA documents for all equipment on site.
- Managing the Purchase Order System:
- Actioning SharePoint Purchase Requisitions and converting into Coupa Requisitions.
- Uploading quotes as necessary.
- Expedite delivery requirements; overdue orders, urgent requests; update Stakeholders.
- Working with Finance and MBSC to resolve PO/Invoice discrepancies.
- Invoice Management:
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure all Purchase Orders are processed correctly to ensure RSSL meets its payment commitments.
- Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
- Educated to GCSE level standard or equivalent, with English and Maths.
- Experience of working in a Purchasing environment is advantageous but not essential. Experience of working in a Purchasing environment is advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to use computer systems level for MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of SAP advantageous but not essential.
- Skills/Leadership Competencies
- Self starter, keen to learn new systems and able to work to strict procedures within a high quality environment.
- A problem solver with good communication skills.
- Previous experience of a busy Purchasing department advantageous (Preferred).
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Please be aware that this role may require handling of materials that may contain chemicals, solvents and allergens, and the appropriate protective wear will be supplied.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107