Temporary Procurement Office required
Cardiff City Centre
Salary of up to £31,000 per annum on offer
My client, a leading Public Sector organisation in South Wales, is seeking to recruit a temporary Procurement Officer until the end of 2020. There is an immediate start on offer for the successful candidate.
The individual will be working from home for the foreseeable future and will be provided with a laptop as necessary.
Main accountabilities of the role to include -
- Lead on all aspects of procurement and contract management for low-high value and medium risk projects
- Provide advice to staff on effective procurement and contract management procedures
- Liaise with stakeholders across the organisation and externally e.g. suppliers and procurement officials
- Ensure that the business operates tenders in line with National Procurement Standards to ensure value for money
- Support Business Services Manager in undertaking expenditure reviews, reporting and management information in relation to all procurement activities
- Support Business Services Manager in contract management and monitoring
- Ensure organisation compliance with public procurement and contracts legislation
- Support the Business Services Manager in the delivery of an effective, efficient customer focussed service for the organisation
- Advise and assist staff on policies and procedures for a wide range of general business services including administration, and records and asset management
- Support the Business Services Manager in the delivery of the function relating to procurement and associated contract records, and tender management processes, including support to staff training and development of policies and procedures
Knowledge, skills and experience to include -
- At least 5 GCSEs; A levels desirable or equivalent relevant experience
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office
- CIPS Qualified
The successful candidate will have knowledge and understanding of procurement legislation and contract law, as well as procurement and contract management. They will have previous experience of using electronic databases, booking systems and internet purchasing and will have an ability to communicate information clearly both verbally and in writing. You will be able to develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with both internal and external staff. You will possess good written skills, for the production of clear, accessible and succinct notes and briefing papers and reports in order to deliver services to clients and stakeholders.