We have a fantastic opportunity for Procurement Lead to join our expanding Battery Materials business. The role is r esponsible for the Procurement function on our plants, ensuring the delivery of all procurement targets; site specific procurement and local implementation of Group led and Battery Materials led spend categories and local supplier performance management. The successful candidate will e nsure Battery Materials activities are in accordance with Procurement Excellence strategy, goals and Group Procurement Policy/Standards and enables Group Chief Procurement Officer to effectively deliver Procurement Excellence strategy and goals at Sector level.
· Act in accordance with JM values and bring to life the One Procurement Community (OPC) to enable JM’s Procurement Excellence strategy.
· Lead in accordance with the Group Procurement Operating Model, Group Policies and Standards, Battery Materials procurement activities from category strategy development to contract, implementation and supplier management.
· Lead effective business partnership for Battery Materials for the development and improvement of defined categories in line with business requirements, optimising security of supply, commercial agility, drives responsibly sourced sustainable value, which contributes to business profitability and cash flow.
· Works to identify, develop and implement innovative and evolutionary supply-side initiatives to deliver sustainable value, appropriate quality and service, and a secure, safe, cost effective and ethical supply base.
· Is focused on delivering best practice results and a competitive advantage to JM.
· Contributing to the development of the Group-led category strategy or leading it for Battery Materials and Plant categories. Contributing to managing the sourcing cycle. Brings in breakthrough ideas and best-in-class approaches. Developing, supporting and implementing all procurement strategic projects held globally.
· Executing the outcome of category strategies and sourcing action plans to effective implementation and value realisation. Defining the team required to successfully deliver the plan across Battery Materials and each Plant.
· Provide information and impact assessments to Group Procurement to set Group-led procurement strategies and plans and excellently execute them for Battery Materials in related Plants.
· Secure senior stakeholder commitment, drive and deliver cost/risk/innovation/value-based projects for the SBU and related Plants, developing excellent collaboration with Group Procurement.
· Identifies, evaluates and capitalises on opportunities to reduce procurement costs by improving the businesses procurement patterns and supply channels.
· Involved in establishing policies, procedures and controls to ensure effective procurement activities and vendor execution.
· Leads business improvement initiatives across programmes of work to ensure that the strategic goals of the business and Procurement are met.
· Manages the performance and output of the team to drive change and develop, implement, optimise and/or continuously improve work processes, techniques and systems and deliver supply side saving projects in accordance with Group targets.
· Manages team to ensure full compliance with applicable JM/Battery Materials legislative, regulatory, audit, EHS and Group Procurement ethical standards, policies, procedures and processes. Including Supplier Due Diligence and Supplier Code of Conduct.
· Supports, coaches and involves team members in implementing EHS improvements and driving attainment of sustainability/responsible sourcing goals.
· Takes ownership of specific tasks/projects as directed by Battery Materials Supply Chain Director and Group Chief Procurement Officer.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
Excellent functional Procurement experience managing direct and indirect categories across a region or multiple geographies. Knowledge and experience of best practice category management, sourcing, contract management and supplier performance management practices.
Ability to operate effectively in different cultures and across geographies, including managing stakeholders and colleagues remotely (across distance and time zones).
Proven track record successfully leading and conducting the negotiation of contracts across technical, commercial and legal areas.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to champion the vision of the Procurement organisation.
Ability to facilitate multiple activities at any one time, prioritise workload and effectively communicate current positions
Ability to balance total cost of ownership (TCO), strategic and tactical delivery.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online
Closing date for applications: Monday 5th October 2020
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Royston, Royston, England, Hertfordshire, SG8, United Kingdom