A Permanent Procurement Business Partner Job in Mansfield Paying up to £43,000 Depending on Experience.
Job title: Procurement Business Partner
Main purpose of the job
To provide a comprehensive, business focused procurement and commercial service, ensuring that best value for money is achieved Responsibilities Procurement
- To act as Procurement Expert and Advisor for the business. Located within the business, build and maintain relationships with business management and operational teams influencing procurement strategy and decision making
- To lead multi-discipline teams to deliver effective contracts and to design new commercial arrangements taking into consideration business requirements and risks
- To be responsible for managing the negotiation, planning and placing of contracts
- To participate in an evolution strategy for Procurement delivering increased benefits by working with colleagues, staff, suppliers and other stakeholders to bring about improved value creation
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Effectively manage suppliers and contracts to sustain value throughout the life of contracts
- To implement Category Management principles where appropriate. Research and understand markets in which the business operates.
- To engage appropriate internal and external stakeholders to gain information and insight to support the development of strategic procurement
- To develop Supplier Relationship Management strategy to facilitate improved performance and increased market knowledge. To develop a structure and programme for supplier engagement.
- Benchmark performance
- To ensure compliance with European and UK legislation, Government and company policy
- To ensure that appropriate and correct commercial contract documentation and conditions of contract are applied to protect the organisation
- To be responsible for procedures to obtain procurement approvals and authorisations to ensure expenditure is well directed and in accordance with the companies Policies.
- To provide and deliver training on procurement procedures and policies.
- To produce management information and reports
- To act in accordance with the behaviours and values of the organisation
- To manage your own performance to be accountable for meeting individual, team and corporate objectives
- To act in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation and ensure propriety and regularity in the handling of public funds
- To actively demonstrate the businesses customer service standards expected of your role
- To comply with and contribute to the improvement of operational and team processes and procedures
- To assist with the preparation and execution of the team's objectives, budgets and financial records
- To identify opportunities and implement change leading to team development, system improvement and good value for money
- To maintain and develop positive stakeholder relationships in order to promote the organisation and assist it to meet its objectives
- To support research and development projects
- To ensure that the organisation's statutory responsibilities are effectively discharged
- To carry out any further reasonable requests from your line manager
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.