We at network rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain’s best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we’re empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We’re passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click hereBrief Description Undertake the development of detailed, fully resourced and optimised work plans for approval and provide an accurate and effective administrative support to the line manager and his team. About the role (External)
1. Plan and optimise all agreed work activities for the section.
2. Accurately update systems, databases and records as required.
3. Produce Safe System of Work plans.
4. Submit green zone access and isolation requests.
5. Produce draft quarterly plans.
6. Manage weekly Plan-Do-Review meetings.
7. Represent Section Managers at planning meetings.
8. Collate and maintain infrastructure maintenance records.
9. Administration of rosters and timesheets.
10. Support the administration of the Assessment in The Line process.
11. Set up and maintain efficient filing systems for the Section(s) paying particular attention to confidentiality where necessary and also those documents deemed to be safety critical.
12. Undertake general office administration duties for the Section Manager using a range of knowledge and skills to provide effective support.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
· Work Plan production and resource optimisation skills
· Scheduling profile in work planning/scheduling system
· Core Planning Skills Level 2
· Knowledge of access and possession processes and systems
· Safe System of Work Planning Process and System
· Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
· Experience of clerical support and office management
· Excellent time manager
· Knowledge of relevant IT systems
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Knowledge of operational railway environmentHow to apply (External)
Salary: Circa £25,000
Closing date: 1st September. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click ‘apply now’ to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information
Ashford, England, Kent, TN24, United Kingdom