Company DescriptionDelivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Job objectives and responsibilities
• The maintenance of engineering service and fabric related issues on the Contract.
• The identification of additional works, and implementing on authorisation.
• Main duties
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance and fabric tasks as required.
• Carry out planned and reactive maintenance of the building fabric as required
• Carry out escorting duties of sub-contractors as and when required
• Control of water testing regimes and upkeep of the water log book.
• Procure materials and equipment to carry out works through the Supervisor or Manager.
• Complete work sheets for works undertaken and obtain authorisation from the Clients representative.
• Advise Client of minor additional works and compile estimates through the Supervisor or Manager.
• Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal hours with additional remuneration
• To ensure the company Health and Safety policy is adhered to.
• To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
• To ensure compliance with the MITIE Maintenance Quality Management System as it applies to this position
• Weekly fire alarm test
• Monthly Tap test
• Weekly emergency light testQualifications
Window based Programmes (Use of PDA is a requirement of the role).
Strong interpersonal skills, both written and vocal
PAT testing(desirable)Additional InformationHealth and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.Job Location