Senior Product Manager
Salary £50,000 - £65,000 DOE Plus Excellent Benefits
Since 2005 this dynamic world-leading developer of next-generation batteries based on Lithium Sulfur (Li-S) chemistry, has enjoyed consistent steady growth. With the potential to revolutionise the battery technology market it is now accelerating with opportunities developing from a spectrum of prestigious clients, not just in the UK, but across different continents internationally.
The battery cells offer four to five times the energy density of the current Li-ion technology and are therefore attractive for a diverse range of applications and markets such as Aviation, Aerospace, Electric Commercial Vehicles (ECVs) and Defence.
As part of the Company’s progression from research and development to full commercialisation, it now has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Product Manager to join the team and play a key role in shaping future product development.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Product Manager will be responsible for developing long term product strategies and ensuring that the product roadmap is effectively managed, delivered on time and meets customers’ needs.
He/she will need to be able to demonstrate a solid track record of achievements in a product development role and will ideally have experience in global technical markets. The successful candidate will need to be willing to travel throughout the UK, Europe and beyond to attend client meetings as necessary. European language skills are not a pre-requisite but would be an advantage.
Essential Activities for the Senior Product manager:
* Drive all necessary product management activities, in order to define and establish a solid base for future product management, product roadmaps, new product introduction (NPI) and long-term product strategies
* Develop products by identifying potential products, conducting market research, generating product requirements, determining specifications, production timetables, pricing and time-integrated plans for product introduction
* Analyse the market, the competition and trends to develop product marketing strategies ensuring that products are meeting the market’s needs and expectations. Use this insight to guide and drive the development of new products from initial phase to final product in line with clear product specifications
* Act as “Customer Champion” for cell development and cathode / electrolyte development projects
* Work with Business Development, R&D, Production Development and Production(s) to establish realistic product release strategies and associated time schedules;
* Develop and implement marketing activities for the products, including definition of the strategy and its alignment with key markets globally
* P&L responsibility for the product, return on investment analysis, development of the business case to support new value creation and determine product pricing.
* Ensure Product release criteria are defined and met in time for product release. This includes
* Proven product quality / characterisation (datasheet release)
* Regulatory/market specific testing
* Warranty considerations
* Ensure readiness for product release in terms of completion of appropriate deliverables
* Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications
The ideal candidate
The successful candidate will:
* Be a focused professional who is confident, decisive, highly organised and able to cope with change; someone who has good technical understanding
* Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Product Management role, ideally with at least 2 years as a Senior Product Manager
* Have a Degree level qualification in an engineering or scientific discipline (or equivalent level of knowledge)
* Possess a high degree of commercial awareness
* Have good understanding of the product life-cycle, from customer requirements through to production
* Be able to demonstrate excellent technical knowledge from a relevant industry such as aviation, automotive or aerospace together with experience of market analysis and ability to translate this into business strategy
* Be capable of deriving technical specifications from commercial objectives
* Have the ability to operate autonomously while at the same time providing a positive contribution as part of a multi-disciplinary team
* Be comfortable liaising with and influencing multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
* Have well-honed communication and presentation skills (oral and written), strong negotiation skills
Candidates must live (or be willing to relocate to) within one hour's commuting distance of Abingdon, Oxfordshire and have a current driving licence.
A competitive salary is on offer dependent on experience, plus excellent company benefits including 25 days holiday with additional holiday over the Christmas period, 5 paid carers’ days, life assurance, contributory pension and private healthcare.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in this Senior Product Manager role, please click “APPLY” to register your interest or contact Roger Holden at Graham Rose Recruitment.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Graham Rose Ltd who are operating as a recruitment business and agency