Telecoms EngineerJob Reference: 220-CORP-2477465
Employer: Department: Analogue, Digital and Unified Communications Location: Highgate Wing, Whittington Hospital, London Salary: £30,401 to £37,267 per annum +HCA
By applying for this role, you accept in the event you are successful that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organisation where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining programme which is aimed at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers.Whittington Health NHS Trust received a "good" overall inspection from the CQC in October 2017 with our services receiving an "outstanding" for our caring. With well-led (leadership) following inspection of management. To read the full report please go to: Oct 2018 CQC report in full
To comply with the Trust's Safeguarding Children and Adults policies
, procedures and protocols. All individual members of staff (paid or unpaid) have a duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults This will require you to:
- Ensure you are familiar with and comply with the London Child Protection Procedures and protocols for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Ensure you are familiar and comply with the London Multi Agency Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Pan London Procedures.
- Ensure you are familiar and comply with local protocols and systems for information sharing.
- Know the appropriate contact numbers and required reporting lines.
- Participate in required training and supervision.
- Comply with required professional boundaries and codes of conduct
Whittington Health is committed to safeguarding all children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
IM&T Telecommunications have a great opportunity for a person with experience of analogue and digital telecommunications, Automatic Call Distribution, Mobile devices, Wireless Communications and systems administration to phone roll out and support, as an enthusiastic telecommunications Engineer for the Whittington NHS Trust.
Dealing with critical communications and allied equipment for the acute and community connected services, this is a front line role to use your technical and interpersonal skills to ensure we communicate change and solutions to operational support and clinical teams.
Joining a current team of three you'll be a key player in a developing team with some large projects on the horizon enabling a move in to Unified Communications and the future. Telecoms is part of a comprehensive IM&T Department so analysis skills across the Network would be a benefit as well as working closely with Service Desk and field engineers to solve remote problems. Mainly desk based at Archway but incidents could be anywhere within our service area.
For further details / informal visits contact:For further details / informal visits contact:
Telecoms ManagerT :
020 7288 3740
M : 07826999095Email
: [email protected]Your application form-
- Provide only business email address for your referees - we are unable to request references from yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail accounts.
- Make sure you to include all evidence of where you meet the essential requirement on the jobs description as this forms the base of our shortlisting criteria.
Other important information
- Closing dates are given as a guide; we are within our right to close adverts early so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible to avoid delay.
- If you do not hear from us up to 3 weeks after the closing date of the job unfortunately this means you have not been successfully shortlisted for interview. If your require feedback on your application please contact the appointing manager detailed in the body of the advert.
- Please check your emails regularly as all correspondence from us will be via trac.systems - occasionally these emails will go into your Junk folder.
- Employment at Whittington Health is offered subject to successful completion of a 6 month probationary period for all staff with the exception of GMC Registered Doctors.
- Applications are welcome from people wishing to job share or work flexible patterns. We are committed to equal opportunities.
- In submitting an application form, you authorise Whittington Health NHS Trust to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process should you be appointed to the post.
Please note that during the recruitment process your Identity Documentation will be scanned using a device which recognises UV, Infrared and Machine Readable Zone security features of the documents providedIMPORTANT TIER 2 VISA UPDATE ON REQUIREMENTS
From April 2017, Tier 2 visa applicants and their adult dependant(s) will be required to provide a criminal record certificate from each country they have lived in consecutively for 12 months or more in the past ten years.We would welcome applications from individuals who are from underrepresented groups in the organisation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ( ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.