Treasury Operations Supervisor Treasury Operations Supervisor
FJR Finance is representing a City-based Bank to hire a permanent Treasury Operations Supervisor. The role is permanent and the chosen candidate must have some experience of working within Treasury Operations, with both hands-on, as well as supervisory experience; in the sense that the role requires checking other team members work, potential signing off i.e. of payments and certain checklists, butt no direct people management responsibility.
Our client is looking for Operations exposure to regular Treasury products (e.g. FX/ MM/ EXP/ CD) including SWIFT formatting for Payments and Confirmations, but ideally also be strong Fixed Income Settlements/ Trade processing and Euroclear knowledge. Having some aptitude of OTC Derivatives i.e. Interest Rate Swaps and/ or Loans would also be advantageous.
The company is small in London, so there is also a requirement to sometimes be trained and get involved with their Treasury Operations. They boast a great work-life balance and a friendly working environment.Products covered
FX, MMK, NDF, CD, ECP, Repo, Fixed Income, IRS, CIRS, Futures, GMTN, Corporate LoansAspects of Operations covered within the team
All – including input, confirmations, payments, reporting, filing, client and settlement agent liaisons and valuationsSystems Used
Internal proprietary system, Murex, Swift Alliance (via internal proprietary systems and independently), Euroclear, Easyway, Word and ExcelRole Key Tasks
The role is very hands-on due to the variety of products, system restrictions and team numbers.
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- The validation of all transactions and entries within the Internal proprietary system
- The checking and either signing or releasing from swift of confirmations relating to new transactions
- Verifying input to the Euroclear system
- The checking of entries prepared for Euroclear related cash and security settlements
- The monitoring of securities settlements to ensure completed successfully
- Monitoring & updating the Lending & Borrowing activity
- The maintenance/monitoring of Repo transaction settlements and claim of coupons applicable
- The checking of entries & notices prepared for GMTN coupon settlement, fixings and new issues
- Checking of the End of Month Reconciliation prepared for our safe custody clients
- Checking of Brokerage entries ensured all approvals received prior to payments
- The calculation and claiming of semi-annual safe custody fees from our clients
- Covering for other team members in their absence including some activities for the Senior Manager
Liaison and co-operation with other departments is a major part of the job, and confidence in their abilities to be able to handle queries when they arise are requiredSalary
£35 k pa- £40 k pa (plus Bonus, Pension & benefits.