Supervisor / Multi-Skilled Operative
Location: Risby Business Park, Bury St Edmunds
Salary: £25,000-£28,000, plus overtime at higher rates and call out payments
Hours of Work: 45 hours per week Monday to Friday, and the overtime / call out will be 7 days a week
About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting out customers at the heart of what we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
About the Supervisor / Multi-Skilled Operative Role:
The purpose of this role is to undertake all supervisory duties whilst deployed on customer's site; the postholder will manage and supervise all Company employees whilst on site and in the depot to ensure all tasks are complete in a safe and compliant manner and to promote the success of the division and Company.
The postholder will also undertake duties associated with that of a multi-skilled Operative / labourer, including the clean-up of spills using available resource and equipment and supporting and contributing to remediation works on any site within the region.
The post holder will have the relevant training to operate 360-degree excavator and forward tipping dumpers / and have the relevant CPCS qualification for the operation of plant. As the duties of this post constitute those of a professional driver, all operation of Company vehicles must be undertaken in a safe manner and fully compliant with all relative law and legislation.
It is the postholders responsibility to act with integrity, due skill, care, and diligence and observing proper standards of conduct in order to promote and ensure excellent service to clients and customers.
Supervisor / Multi-Skilled Operative Responsibilities:
* To manage and supervise Company employees on site to ensure all tasks, including related documentation is completed correctly, compliantly and in a timely manner.
* To manage health and safety on-site as per method statements and risk assessments; any breach of RAMS procedure and documentation will be the postholders responsibility and the postholder will be required to report any breach immediately to the H&S and Group HR Managers, providing a full and concise report.
* Job progress reports to project manager.
* Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
* Operating Company vehicles which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate and responsibility for ensuring all vehicle checks is undertaken prior to commencing any works.
* Reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
* Operating Company vehicles including HGV class vehicles or any other vehicle for which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate.
* Compliance with tachograph regulations and reporting in the required manner.
* Ensuring all ADR vehicles display appropriate placards during transportation and any time stationary.
* Ensure all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
* Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
* Operate any machinery (subject to qualification and experience) and undertake hand dig excavation works to facilitate removal contamination.
* Support and monitor the maintenance and servicing of equipment; identify if repairs or maintenance/service is required and liaise with supervision to arrange necessary action.
* Assist with the collection of photographs throughout works.
* Ensure all works are carried out in strict accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. This will be provided by works supervision.
* Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job. The postholder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required.
* Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
* Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
* Be available to satisfy overtime requirements plus participation in a Standby/call out rota. As deployment may be anywhere in the UK, deployment may include overnight stay away from home.
Supervisor / Multi-Skilled Operative Requirements:
* Must possess a full UK driving licence (preferably clean) and Plant experience; training will be provided where required.
* Previous experience in a supervisory position would be advantageous.
* HGV would be advantageous but not essential as all training will be provided.
* Willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers to include
* An enthusiastic, friendly manner and positive outlook.
* Experience in landscape reinstatement, landscaping, Civils, concreting, brick and block work would be advantageous.
* A flexible and adaptable approach to work in a varied and unpredictable environment.
* Willingness to work outside in a range of environments in a variety of weather conditions.
* Ambitious and eager to learn and develop individual skills and competencies
If you think that you are suitable for this Supervisor / Multi-Skilled Operative role, please apply now!