The Laboratory End to End Capability Service Specialist is responsible for the provision of excellent IT service to R&D laboratory business customers.
The role is responsible participating in in the delivery of a Support and Service for a R&D Laboratories. This may include roadmap, lifecycle management for the laboratory environment and all service activities; ensuring services are fit for purpose, delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements and maintained in line with evolving business requirements. You will provide the link between IT and the business requiring a balance of business process understanding, technical breadth and knowledge of laboratory-based technologies is required.
As a Laboratory Capability Service Specialist within the Global Laboratory Support team the successful candidate will be responsible for improving existing the Global portfolio and ensuring that new Lab services are developed and implemented and supported in line with business requirements.
The role will work collaboratively across global teams of business stakeholders, developers, partners, remote support teams and vendors to successfully deliver support, continuous improvement and value.
A drive and passion for improving Lab services experience for end-users and achieving excellence in IT operations is key to the role. Candidates will be self-starters with strong organisational skills, and knowledge of service management and experience of working in a matrix environment. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of across AstraZeneca's global Laboratory footprint transformation
Candidates should expect a team-oriented, exciting, challenging, and fast-paced environment.
We're seeking talented IT professionals who can combine in-depth knowledge of their specialist area with the ability to collaborate with experts across other disciplines. Passionate, curious and results-focused, you'll be unafraid of challenging the status quo. You'll relish the opportunity to bring new and innovative ideas to the fore and have the courage and conviction to see them through. You'll also be flexible, agile and bold in your thinking, and dedicated to doing the right thing.Responsibilities may include;
- Incident and problem management
- Delivery of end to end user experience and satisfaction.
- Proactively identifying and delivering continuous service improvement within the relevant portfolio and contributing to improvement initiatives across the entire Team.
- Contributing to ways of working and operation of processes within AstraZeneca IT.
- Management of Service Enhancement Requests.
- Capacity planning and management; taking account of business growth and changes.
- Risk management.
- Matrix management of offshore Operational Service Managers across functions; to ensure services are delivered and continually improved to the expected levels.
- Execution of application decommission (BC, execution and benefits realisation) including where appropriate the removal of service components.
- Transition and design of new services through projects and BAU.
- Service performance reporting within IT and the business; including SLA and metrics.
- Manage compliance with GxP to ensure control frameworks and testing are in place and AstraZeneca remains compliant.
- Manage relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Continually review and drive supplier performance, ensuring contracts are fit for purpose.
- Negotiation and agreement of licensing deals, where appropriate using SMEs within IT and Procurement for support.
- ITIL v3/4 Foundation qualified
- Blue-chip or multinational company experience, and experience of working within matrixed organisations
- Ability to interpret & communicate technical information into business language
- Excellent relationship, stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Customer satisfaction focus
- Experience of collaborating and managing vendors
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently balancing priorities and needs
- Proactive & results-oriented
- Demonstrated understanding of quality and compliance
- Technical or business degree
- Prior experience working in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry IT environment
- Matrix management of offshore application support teams
- Experience of working with R&D Laboratory Applications and Hardware