We are notonthehighstreet.
We're home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we're doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that's where you come in.
In this unique role you have the opportunity to develop a strategy alongside the Head of Category to deliver fast and sustainable growth for one of our emerging categories Food and Drink. You will demonstrate a good understanding of the Food and Drink industry and more importantly a view on the role that Notonthehighstreet can play in this space. Alongside this you will have a passion for products and the small business environment - understanding the opportunities and challenges that this presents. The development of this category is an area of interest for Notonthehighstreet and you will be responsible for ensuring results are delivered at pace and the business is updated regularly on any hurdles you come across.What you'll be doing
Some key skills + experience you'll need
- Deliver an authoritative range of quality, unique, thoughtful and innovative products that you have sourced or developed that support our customers core shopping missions by working in partnership with our community of small creative businesses.
- Identify ambitious opportunities for product growth within your category, in line with the company strategic objectives and implement plans to deliver against these. Success will be measured by individual targets relating to sales, revenue, category consideration, brand health scores and our product Net Promoter Score.
- You will work with our community of small creative businesses to build an authoritative and complete range for your category by building close relationships, holding product briefings, building product development materials to demonstrate opportunities and guiding their product development.
- You will work collaboratively with our in-house Inspiration and New Business teams to communicate identified range gaps to support your category and influence sourcing or support development to fill these.
- Support the Head of Category to forecast robust and accurate targets for your Category from a range perspective.
- Drive awareness of the product offering throughout the business, working closely with E-Commerce, Merchandising, Marketing and PR functions.
- Relevant experience within the Food and Drinks Industry, perhaps as a Food Buyer or within the hospitality industry
- A strong understanding and vision of how to build out the Food and Drinks range further to ensure we meet growth and revenue targets
- An excellent product eye to support your commercial acumen and instincts.
- A strong understanding of product range architecture and customer mindset in an e-commerce environment.
- A good understanding of product trends, social influencers, customer profiling and the lifecycle of a product.
- Creative with an impeccable eye for unique and high quality product to support range building.
- Experience of, or a strong desire to work with a community of small creative businesses.
- Highly responsive with the ability to multi-task and adapt to a fast trading environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and visual) with the ability to influence.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and a passion for our products, partners and brand.
It's important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we've taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for socials and of course the odd Zoom quiz!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work...well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until further notice (at least until government social distancing advice has changed), we're using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnothsDiversity and Inclusion
We are committed to equal opportunities and to building a more diverse and inclusive team and are working with our recently formed internal community in driving progress.Apply to join #teamnoths
We'd love to hear more about you, your experience and why you'd like to join our team.
Please note, to apply for this role, we'd like you to consider the following question, which will be asked as part of your online application:
What 5 words would you use to describe the products in your category, think about the future
, what do you want
these to be rather than what we have today. Please include a link/URL to an image which best displays your vision.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we'll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!