BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patient's lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so lower drug development costs, decrease failure rates and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ - a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs to patients.BenevolentAI is HQ'd in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Antwerp. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to PhaseIIb in disease areas such as ALS, Parkinson's, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.The Role
You will be responsible for developing and executing a research agenda around the core problems we work on at BenevolentAI - scientific discovery from structured and unstructured data sources. You will be part of the cross functional Chemistry team.
BenevolentAI is committed to growing diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome you to apply if the as a whole appeals, even if there are specific areas where you don't have previous experience!Primary Responsibilities
We are looking for someone with
- Contribute to the AI strategy of the chemistry team.
- Identify and develop state of the art ML methods which bring value to our predictive and generative chemistry models pipelines.
- Communicate and explain their value, particularly to non-ML members of the team.
- Promote machine learning best practices, such as: scalable training and deployment, model introspection and evaluation, new state-of-the-art implementations, etc.
- Work as a hands-on member of a cross-functional team comprising specialists in cheminformatics, engineering, AI, medicinal chemists and product. In these teams, you will apply the latest advances in machine learning to develop tools for drug discovery and development.
- Define the analytical and technical problems in applying artificial intelligence and machine learning to develop new solutions and deliver applied research within your team, and to influence an empirical approach across the company.
- Disseminate your AI expertise to more junior members of the team
Preferred (not required) qualifications/experience
- A math/computer science MSc/PhD with a strong Machine Learning component who worked in chemistry (if not, chemistry background who acquired a strong ML expertise).
- At least 1 or 2 years of commercial experience.
- Experience in working with molecular data.
- Proven experience in delivering projects with business value.
- Strong and broad machine learning background with proficiency in modern ML frameworks (pytorch, tensorflow etc).
- Ability to communicate complex ML concepts to non-ML people.
Who we are
- Commercial experience in a drug discovery startup or big pharma company.
- Be visionary (think about what should be done beyond what you're doing).
We are an eclectic bunch at Benevolent, united by our belief that innovative thinking and purposeful technology can truly change outcomes for the better. Our mission is to re-engineer drug discovery and deliver life-changing medicines for patients in need and we do this by applying AI, machine learning and other advanced technologies to reinvent the ways drugs are discovered and developed. We strive to bring together unique skills and perspectives across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI research, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery. Together, we envision a world in which no disease goes untreated. If you are benevolent, curious, want to tackle real world problems and are willing to embrace new ideas, hit that 'apply' button and join us.Important Note
It has come to our attention that unfortunately fraudsters have been falsely offering jobs and set-up fake interviews under the guise of being a Benevolent recruiter. We therefore advise you to be very stringent about who is reaching out to you. Any enquiry from our team will only be made via the email [email protected]
or an email from this domain @benevolent.ai. Please flag any suspicious contact request to [email protected]