Senior Estimator - Facilities Maintenance - Tier 1 Service Provider - City of London
My client is a rapidly growing hard services facilities maintenance provider, with a national presence. Due to large inbound pipeline of opportunities, they are seeking an experienced Senior Estimator to join the London team.
The Senior Estimator will be responsible for managing large portfolios/volumes of tender opportunities (valued £20k -£5m) reporting to the companies Commercial Director. Responsibilities at competitive Tender & PQQ stage will include ensuring appropriate and good quality documents are created, compliance to bid process and procedures, leading the pricing of tenders and liaising with the Supply Chain Manager to maximise subcontract benefit, along with general administrative duties.
The Senior Estimator will ensure the appropriate input is provided from all internal and external stakeholders to achieve a tender submission that meets the requirements of the ITT and ultimately the client. They are expected to have an engineering or mechanical/electrical background and be able to travel for the purposes of site visits, tender meetings and client presentations.
* Ensure that all estimating processes and procedures are followed to deliver a submission following tender settlement.
* Thoroughly review Tender information and highlight any Risks areas.
* Working with other stakeholders to identify, capture and develop win themes for each opportunity.
* Preparation of competitive tender offers in accordance with SFG20 / Client Requirements and the building asset information.
* Undertake site visits to establish and verify asset information provided as part of the tender documentation.
* Undertake a full analysis of tender returns received during the tender process.
* Complete Form of Tender and tender letter with any qualifications and complete contract sum Analysis/Schedules if necessary.
* Monitor, evaluate and develop existing bid activities and processes with the aim of continual improvement and pursuit of excellence.
* Working with the Supply Chain Manager to procure specialist subcontractors to ensure compliance to a client's requirements and overall competitiveness and value for money.
* Work with the Supply Chain Manager to promote the use of and procurement of Commercial Framework Vendors for new and existing contracts.
* Lead on and provide support of the pricing of all tender enquiries received from clients, using both traditional and innovative pricing methods to maximise the Company's ability to win more tenders.
* Must have a thorough knowledge and experience in the process of pricing and estimating hard services mechanical and electrical maintenance based contracts. A level of soft services knowledge is desirable though not essential.
* Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of SFG20, labour loading and asset verification.
* Attend start-up pre-price and price meetings
* Manage, lead and support where necessary and/or required the pricing of all tender enquiries.
* Constantly reviewing of pricing models and procedures to ensure the most efficient, innovative and productive methods are always being applied.
* Ensure bid management protocols and processes are followed, including periodic reviews.
* Act as a champion for the companies brand and police pricing quality.
* Express interest for projects, download and distribute bid documentation when required.
* Plan and manage bid production
* Support the editing and proof reading of tender and bid documentation before submission.
* Engage with colleagues, including technical employees at all levels, as well as external suppliers to ensure the best possible bids are submitted every time.
* Ensure that Commercial Framework Vendors are utilised at every opportunity.
* Liaise with Supply Chain to ensure best value is achieved
Salary & Package:
£55,000.00 Per Annum
Monday - Friday | 40 hours
25 Days Annual Leave
Mobile Phone, Laptop, and Career Progression Opportunities, Expensed Travel to Sites/Meetings.
Opportunity to work in a well established growing business, approaching 100M turnover.
Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Background
Ability to demonstrate experience of Estimating Hard FM Contracts
Demonstrate strong communication and people skills
Team player, strong management skills
Prioritising and solving problems often under pressure, utilising innovative solutions.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to take the next step in their career with a well established maintenance provider. If you are looking for career development and a new opportunity please apply today!
For more information, please contact James Preston