UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - Hertfordshire - Ware, USA - Maryland - Rockville, USA - New Jersey - Warren, USA - Pennsylvania - King of Prussia, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, UK - London - BrentfordPosted Date:
Jun 24 2020 Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities at GSK
Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) aim is to deliver the right space in the right location, and at the right cost, with industry competitive and customer focussed services. The department is comprised of approximately 200 employees and over 4,000 service partner staff. GSK's total property portfolio comprises 530 sites across 94 countries, with a portfolio footprint of 55 m square feet. In total there are 87 sites in 26 countries that are WREF managed and budgeted.Global real estate services
Through a combination of in-house expertise, preferred and panel partnerships, we provide a holistic asset management service. This includes real estate transactions, capital project support and real estate data management. Global real estate is accountable for lease transactions at all GSK locations, WREF manages and non-WREF managed.Facilities management services
Through an Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM) approach, we collaborate with our service partners to deliver facilities management services across our WREF portfolio. The role
The WREF solutions manager is a new position within the Strategy and Innovation team that manages all technology solutions for customers and internal WREF. In this role you will bridge the gap between the WREF Business and WREF IT and includes systems that are not supported by Global Tech. You will ensure all solutions that are proposed across the department align to the WREF and GSK strategy and will prioritize where we should focus investment.
In this role you will look at industry trends with current and future customer requirements to build the strategy and initiatives that will push the department forward and drive GSKs modern employer activities.
This role supports changes in a complex environment and should be focused on actively driving deployment of solutions and strategy within the WREF organization. To be successful in this role you will have extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, excellent communication skills, learning mindset and wiliness to experiment in new areas while taking on lessons from failures.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance our modern employer agenda through blue sky thinking. You will be at the forefront of the services you produce and gain exposure to senior leaders within the organisation. Your responsibilities:
- You will act as a customer experience professional providing support and guidance across WREF technical services
- Drive innovation projects across WREF and pilot new solutions to improve customer and WREF internal ways of working.
- You will be the owner of the WREF solutions strategy for short and long-term activities that support the WREF and GSK vision.
- Able to demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills to influence across WREF and the wider GSK.
- Support the development and implementation of facilities technology solutions, applying innovations where they add the greatest benefit to the company.
- Work alongside WREF IT Business partner to support Business requirements, integrations and other success factors.
- You will design and own the WREF technology approval process to ensure investment in the best solution for the company.
- Manage WREF technology finances, £1.5m capital spend and £1.1m OPEX.
- Provision WREF technology plans for full lifecycle of WREF solutions including platforms not supported by GSK tech.
- You will reduce technology risk within WREF for systems that are not supported by the GSK Tech organization.
- Experienced with Facilities Management & Real Estate products and the related technology solutions.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of industry trends
- Strategic thinker with a learning mindset to identify innovations that deliver the strategy and add real value
- Good mental and people agility with an understanding of the cultural and operational diversity
- Ability to work with autonomy & be part of an effective but geographically dispersed team
- Experience of building strong partnerships, maintaining relationships and co-producing solutions
- Able to demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills
- Skilled in data manipulation, able to collect and analyse complex datasets and draw conclusions
- Proven ability to influence, communicate and negotiate with all levels of management across functional and business unit boundaries
- Subject matter knowledge of customer services, HCI and customer journey through facility systems.
- Connected with industry changes and innovation in both FM and Tech
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email [email protected]
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.