Principal Engineer - Body Electronics
McLaren Automotive's mission is to build the iconic sports car. McLaren is a technology company, and the application of technology, with our attention to detail is what differentiates us from our competitors. The Electrical & Controls department is a fast paced and rewarding environment where ideas can be turned into product quickly.
As a member of the Electronic Systems & Controls team, you will be part of a core systems design & development team focused on systems for future McLaren sports cars. You lead a team of 5 engineers responsible for a number of systems from identifying future technology and defining a technology roadmap. You will drive the conversion of your roadmaps, developing technology through the engineering lifecycle, into production. Responsibilities
Below are some of the systems & attributes you and your team would be responsible for:
- Body Control
- Security Control
- Door Control
- Keys, Passive Entry, Passive Start
- Occupant Restraint Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Low Voltage Battery & Charger
- Park Assistance
- Powered Closures
- LV Battery
- Load balance
As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for: system specification, DFMEA, BoM management, validation planning, test specification, and on vehicle verification & validation. For your systems, you will be responsible for delivering all required elements of the McLaren Development Process (MDP) to agreed gateway timings & cost. You will have multi system, multi vehicle responsibility and will help shape the vehicle electrical architecture.
You will be a leader for your team, you will perform performance reviews and champion your team's development. Qualifications & Skills
Degree qualified in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
At least 7 years' experience of systems design & development, systems engineering & the engineering V-lifecycle within an OEM or tier 1.
Experience in people management. An empathetic management style, while being a technical leader.
Experience with Vector automotive products (or equivalent) e.g. CANoe, CANape, CANalyser, AUTOSAR would be advantageous.
A valid UK driving licence. What are we looking for in you?
- A passion for technology and engineering. A technology leader willing to push the boundaries.
- A creative & thoughtful approach to concept design and solving engineering problems with good attention to detail.
- A positive, proactive attitude with a high level of self-motivation to deliver excellence.
- An engaging mind, open to new problems outside your normal comfort zone.
- A willingness to engage in debate and discussion.
- Good team skills, excellent communication skills.
- Well organised and delivery focused
- Capable of representing a world class automotive brand
- Able to remain focused under pressure