Job Category: Healthcare / nursing Job Location: Bradford, Bradford, UK Physiotherapist When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed. Physiotherapist Wykewood, Huddersfield Road, Wyke, BD12 8AA Hours: full time Hourly Rate: £15.44 per hour Our new complex needs care home, Wykewood, will open in Spring 2021 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs. Construction of the home started in March 2020, and is due to be completed in Spring 2021, bringing a £5million investment into the local area. The home will have 40 large bedrooms - each with an en suite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It"ll care for 40 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions. We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Physiotherapist to lead the therapy services in Wykewood, alongside an Occupational Therapist and Therapy Assistant. Together you will be developing personal centred care pathways as part of individual rehabilitation for the service users. Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is fundamental in helping our service users to feel respected, included and cared for. Working with our team of specialist nurses and support workers you will be expected to contribute to integrated care planning with the aim of enabling our services users to reach their goals. Key Duties:
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neuro rehabilitation, gait analysis, respiratory care) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
- Working as part of a team Delegation of therapy to assistant therapist, activities co-ordinators and support workers Attend MDT meetings Be an advocate for therapy for the service user Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required Requirements: We expect that you will be a qualified physiotherapist with at least 1-year post qualification experience, ideally from within the private sector however this is not essential. HCPC registered. Experience in tracheostomy, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction. Benefits:
- 25 days holiday (plus stats 34 days)
- Exemplar rewards - childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program - 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
- Free car parking.
- Paid DBS - Worth £44
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive induction program. Additional info/about Exemplar: Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with. At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health. Exemplars Core Values: Fun Integrity Responsive Success Teamwork If you would like to discuss anything prior to making an application please call Maria on Ts & Cs apply This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91714623