BMI Kings Oak & Cavell Hospitals in Enfield are part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Theatre Practitioner or ODP to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is Full Timerole for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Significant post-registration experience within a high acuity specialty.
- Mentorship qualification
- With preferred assistant course
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment.
Duties of this role include:
- To deliver safe quality care for patients during their perioperative phase of care. To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Apply and promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
- Achieve agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the .
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- BMI Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- BMI Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!
For more information on this role or for an informal chat please contact Heather Carr on 07943121902.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check.
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.