Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
WHAT IS THE ROLE
This position will oversee a key function of the music administration workflow for ViacomCBS Networks International. Responsibilities will include: the review, amendment and approval of submitted music cue sheets; providing training and instruction for new starters worldwide on creating cue sheets and matters related to music copyright, royalties, and reporting; maintaining the accuracy and consistency of data stored in a number of proprietary databases; and also support the reporting, music strategy & operations areas. We are seeking someone who is not only extremely detail oriented but is also capable of developing and executing strategies that will create important efficiencies in existing workflows.
Handle music cue sheet process across Viacom International: This position will be involved in VIMN content delivery, music reporting and rights tracking processes and workflows and the selected candidate is expected to become an expert in:
• VIMN's global, regional and country specific music rights from Labels, Publishers, Libraries, PROs, and Direct Licenses and Commissioned Music;
• Music Copyright, royalty distribution and collecting society reporting in a global context;
• VIMN's proprietary cue sheet system, 'Q'
• VIMN's proprietary music library and system, 'VML'
• Maintenance, housekeeping and best-practice in relation to such databases and application as are related to music rights and reporting;
• VIMN's International Brands and Channels and the content produced by each
Among the responsibilities will be to:
• Support Regional BALA and MML in checking and approving music cue sheets created across VIMN
• Become the point person for all music cue sheet inquiries
• Set up logins for and instruct new users on how to use our music cue sheet system and Viacom Music Library
• Produce bespoke reports and analysis that will provide data related to music use in a meaningful, targeted and interesting manner
• Engage in such activities as will enable the business to identify omissions and inconsistencies in relation to copyright data capture and music reporting
• Update the cue sheet system with metadata from our many production music library partners
• Ingest full metadata updates into our cue sheet for all VIMN owned music
• Liaise with US counterpart with regard to commissioned music, new library music deals and distribution of updates to BALA and Production teams and VIMN's Internal Music System
Management and Liaisons
• Liaise with MML, Creative Music Integration ("CMI") & BALA staff worldwide
• Liaise with Creative Teams worldwide
• Build and foster good working relationships with client groups and within the licensing and reporting community.
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
• Experience and/or degree in Television, Film, Communications, Publishing, Business or similar preferred. Legal training of some kind highly desirable.
• Experience in the music and/or TV industry in a business affairs, rights & clearances, or licensing capacity preferred
• Proficiency with Excel essential
• Experience of conducting effective training courses highly desirable
• Excellent analytical skills with an aptitude for logical thinking and creative problem-solving essential; curiosity about why systems and processes work the way they do with an eye to future development and increased efficiency preferred
• Knowledge of/experience with database management, electronic data exchange, asset management systems desirable
• Knowledge/experience of cue sheets, royalty reporting, collecting societies both in the UK and abroad, record labels, music publishers, and Production Music Libraries essential
• Must be able to write and communicate clearly with colleagues worldwide. Additional languages are a plus
• Knowledge of the legal issues that affect clearances
• Excellent organisational skills and time management with experience meeting pressing deadlines
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to use initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
• An understanding of liability is essential
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations, e.g.; budgeting, tracking reports, controlled portions of compositions/fees
• Ability to recognize when to seek advice from supervisor