Salary: competitive plus benefits
Location: Slough, UK
Opening date: 15 June 2020
Closing date: 13 July 2020
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe diseases. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Global Clinical Development (GCD) department, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Patient Preference Lead based in Slough (UK)
The Patient Preference (PatPref) Lead is responsible for implementing a systematic and consistent scientific approach to conduct patient preference research in therapeutic areas of interest. The PatPref Lead will ensure that patient preference research questions (according to priorities) are addressed in the most efficient, consistent and scientifically robust way across UCB organization. The patient preference research will be strongly driven by the increasing demand of quantitative patient preference data from both regulators and payer/HTA bodies to inform decision making.
You like to work in anenvironment where you can:
- Implement a systematic and consistent scientific approach to conduct patient preference research in therapeutic areas of interest
- Ensure that patient preference research questions (according to priorities) are addressed in the most efficient, consistent and scientifically robust way across UCB organization
- Raise awareness of the value of PatPref data and support implementation of scientific solid PatPref research.
You will contributeby:
- Driving the wider organizational awareness and change management of appreciation of the relevance and value patient preference data by implementing best practice.
- Determine proactively and providing strategic advice on added value of patient preference data.
- Leading the development and implementation of optimal patient preference strategic and tactical plans as part of the Integrated Evidence Plan for projects from early development through to full lifecycle management, where applicable.
- Ensuring clarity on research questions that can be addressed using patient preference data by providing strategic advice on the definition of the research question.
- Advising on appropriate patient preference method based on the research question.
- Providing input into strategic documents (e.g. protocols, statistical analysis plans, reports)
- Maximizing the impact of patient preference evidence by providing subject matter expert input to regulatory and HTA briefing packages, publication strategies, clinical development, regulatory and market access strategy and submission documents.
- Preparing abstracts and manuscripts presenting the patient preference evidence.
- Being a passionate and inspiring ambassador for the PCOR Team and promote the value proposition of PCOR Team to quantitative and qualitative PRO and/or patient preference studies across the organization and support an industry leadership ambition.
- Leading and coordinate a cross-functional network of internal stakeholders with an interest in patient preference research.
- Driving the creation and delivery of education on patient preference methods for internal business partners.
- Building robust relationships with external groups including patient groups, regulators, payers/HTA bodies, policy makers and influencers and establish a partnership in providing new or improved methodological frameworks and tools that lead to wider acceptance of the use of patient preference evidence to inform decision making.
- Participating in global external collaborations regarding policies, evidentiary standards, and use of patient preference evidence (e.g., IMI PREFER, ISPOR working groups).
Interested? For this position you’ll need the followingeducation, experienceand skills:
- Degree in Health Economics, Statistics, Psychology – preferably PhD
- At least 3-5 years of SME experience working within companies or academia managing patient preference research internationally, across multiple therapeutic areas and across the different stages of clinical development.
- Profound knowledge of mixed methods patient preference research studies and familiarity with the application of patient preference methods such as discrete choice experiment, best worst scaling, swing weighting etc. and decision analysis.
- Deep understanding of the clinical research and appreciation of scientific content of clinical development programs
- The candidate must possess the skills and ability to build and maintain cross-functional networks.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (e.g. FDA, EMA)
- Knowledge of Patient Centered Outcomes Research (e.g. PROs/COAs)
- Knowledge of HEOR approaches as well as knowledge of payer systems across regions
- Excellent communication skills and high-quality presentation skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills in a matrix environment
- Advanced stakeholder management skills
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
UCB- Inspired by Patients. Driven by Science. Everything we do starts with a simple question: “How will this create value for people living with severe diseases?” By putting patients at the heart of what we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees and operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website .
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.