To be the discipline lead the design and production of power systems and subsystem interfaces for project solutions
- To be technically responsible for the accurate, compliant, timely and cost effective delivery of electrical design solutions that are allocated for projects through direct management of works or independent authority checking of design/delivery.
- Management of discipline staff, sub-contractors, sub contract packages in pursuance of project delivery
- To provide electrical and power technical support to the business, acting as the technical lead within multidiscipline projects
- To act as Contractor’s Responsible Engineer (CRE) for power on allocated major schemes of work or multiple smaller ones
- To be the discipline representative supporting tender bids. Scrutinising the scope, responsible for producing the procurement specs, working with Commercial on compliance of sub contract tender offers, writing the technical responses to the client.
- To support the Power Department in undertaking internal and external technical investigations
- To act as technical contact and liaison with clients and sub-contractors in order to resolve outstanding technical issues across the business
- To deputise for the Power Engineering Manager
- To produce regular reports on the power project scope performance
- To assist the management team in making strategic decisions
- To manage the timely delivery of work package design, implementation, testing and commissioning
- To manage the day to day work load of power staff allocated for the project delivery
- To monitor contracts involving electricity and power ensuring they are technically compliant with relevant group and company standards
- To attend networking meetings with other partner and with external companies
- To carry out risk assessments
- To support the Power Department with staff development through mentorship and coaching
- To support the Power Department in regular technical / safety briefing of all relevant staff
- To support the Power Department in the review of new or altered electrical and power documents to consider their impact on the business
- Minimum of a degree level education in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline or HND with time served
- Technical report writing
- Detailed design production (Electrical)
- Working understanding/Knowledge of HV & LV systems
- Protection, coordination and discrimination of electrical systems
- Organisational skills
- Troubleshooting and fault finding skills
- Business management skills
- Team managerial experience
- Working knowledge in the design and operation of signalling power distribution, 25kVac and LUL power systems, with specialism in at least one
- Knowledge of UPS operation
- Knowledge of PLC and alarm systems
- Knowledge of Class II systems
- Knowledge of Auto Reconfiguration Power Systems
- Project programming of resources and activities
- Knowledge of railway earthing and bonding practices
- Knowledge of Network Rail and London Underground standards and practices
- Electrical design, testing and installation within the railway environment
- In depth knowledge of group and client company standards
- Understanding of appropriate legislation
- In depth knowledge of railway construction methods and materials used
- Detailed understanding of Electricity at Work Act and CDM Regulations
- Member of IET, working towards CEng
- Hold a full driving licence
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job title: Technical Officer – Rail Track Type: Contract Locatio ...
Our exclusive Client a leading Transportation specialist operating in ...
Job title: Head of Commercial – Rail Type: Permanent Location: W ...
Our exclusive client, a world leader in integrated transport systems h ...
Working closely with a well established and recognised team, you will ...
Register and upload your CV today to access our candidate zone, set tailored job alerts and kickstart your job search.
Many people are finding themselves working from home for the first time, or with more family in the house than usual for a working week. Maintaining focus when working from…
With far more people working from home during the COVID-19 isolation period here are some top tips to help you settle into the new normal and keep productive! 1 Stick…
If you are finding yourself at home and with more time on your hands during the COVID-19 lockdown here are 5 activities that can be done each day to keep…
91 Woodbridge Road
Surrey, GU1 4QD
+44 (0)1483 361 061