Purpose Breakthroughs that change patients' lives
... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Medical Advisor/Manager supporting the Cardiovascular Medical Affairs team. The successful candidate will have a focus on data generation and the management of head office responsibilities, supporting the medical affairs strategy planning and execution. The role will require a proportion of time spent in the field to further understand real world data gaps to support clinical practice. This will provide you with an opportunity to work across the breath of medical affairs in a large pharmaceutical company that has many opportunities to develop your career.Role
To provide medical & scientific support to healthcare professionals and professional bodies through scientific communications and support for clinical research to facilitate a medical and scientific bridge between Pfizer and the healthcare community. To provide specialist medical, scientific and Code compliance advice to the nominated internal team(s) to support the appropriate use of Pfizer medicines and successful implementation of Pfizer's initiatives and programs.
Individual roles may emphasis different elements of the role description depending on medical and business need. Individual roles require relevant experience or knowledge related to the therapy areas for the Internal Medicine portfolio.Organizational Relationships (including role to which the position reports):
Reports to BU Medical Team LeaderResources Managed (budget and FTEs):
Project budget within medical planPrimary Duties
- To provide specialist medical and scientific advice to the nominated internal teams to support the appropriate use of Pfizer medicines and successful implementation of Pfizer's initiatives and programs.
- To provide medical & scientific support to healthcare professionals and professional bodies through scientific communications and support for clinical research to facilitate a medical and scientific bridge between Pfizer and the healthcare community.
- To liaise with healthcare professionals to effectively communicate and manage drug safety issues
- To build and develop enduring peer-to-peer relationships with leading healthcare professionals and specialists, including non-traditional customers and key decision makers.
- To understand customer insights around current standard of care and to support their knowledge of the value of our medicines to the NHS and patients
Data generation and publication
- To acquire and maintain in-depth scientific knowledge of Pfizer medicines within nominated therapy area(s) (including those in development) as well as of key competitors.
- To deliver the medical plan in relation to medical projects, Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) and support for Pfizer sponsored clinical research
- To deliver other key medical and scientific activities within the medical plan, eg generation of real world evidence, non-interventional studies, database studies and registries (in collaboration with Health & Value colleagues) and ensure timely publication of data
Support for clinical development
- To provide medical/scientific input into protocol feasibility assessments for clinical trial proposals.
- To identify appropriate investigators / sites for Pfizer-sponsored clinical trials.
- To work together with clinical research colleagues and in collaboration with above-country and global BU colleagues to drive the timely completion of Pfizer-sponsored clinical trials
- To provide input into the regional and global clinical teams to ensure design and selection of trials relevant to UK needs, leveraging customer and patient insights
- To support the effective implementation of approved compassionate use and named patient supply programs to ensure appropriate access to Pfizer medicines in response to HCP requests.
Data communication and customer insights
- To provide high-quality, accurate, balanced and specific information to customers in response to unsolicited requests for information.
- To provide scientific insight and support to field- and head office based commercial colleagues.
- To work with the cross functional team in-country and above-country to develop impactful and compliant promotional and non-promotional materials of value to customers
- To review (and certify where applicable) promotional and non-promotional materials and activities within scope of the ABPI Code of Practice.
- To ensure customer intelligence is brought into the organisation to generate customer insights, shape future strategy and leverage business opportunities.
- To manage local advisory boards to gain customer insights
- If media-trained, to present the scientific perspective on selected topics during media-briefings
Cross functional medical and scientific support
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Support Health & Value in providing medical support for HTA dossiers and regional/local formularies
- Support Regulatory Affairs in responding to questions from regulatory agencies and implementing changes to product SPC, PIL and PI. Provide support for clinical overviews, core datasheet revisions, license variations, batch specific variations and implementation of Risk Management Plans
- Provide support to Medical Information to facilitate the maintenance of an accurate, relevant and high-quality database which would enable them to respond effectively to customer enquiries.
- Provide scientific input to other departments (e.g. Policy & Public Affairs, Stakeholder Strategy, Communications, Customer Operations, Medical Quality Oversight, Pfizer Research and Development groups) on a project-by-project basis
- To provide specialist ABPI Code compliance support to brand/therapy area teams and other departments on customer engagement & partnership activities (e.g. Digital Programs, Joint Working, Medical & Educational Goods & Services, Advisory Boards)
- To develop and maintain ongoing cross-functional working relationships with Pfizer colleagues within the in-country, regional and global BU organizations
- Fluency in Business English
- This role will require both head office and field responsibilities
- Medical Degree, for medical applicants GMC registration with a License to Practice is preferred. Doctors registered outside the UK may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service
- For pharmacy applicants UK registration is preferred. Pharmacists registered outside the UK may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self.Let's start the conversation!Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms - allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
Note: The closing deadline for applications is July 01, 2020.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.