Innovation & Market Understanding - Associate Director AddThis Sharing Buttons Location
Job Details Are you looking to develop your career in one of the world’s largest Research Organisations, working for an innovative global client?
As an expert in Market Research you’ll be joining a team of dedicated, diverse and passionate quantitative researchers who focus on pack & product testing, innovation testing, optimisation and forecasting throughout the development process. We are recruiting for enthusiastic and driven Associate Director who thrive within fast-paced client accounts, with proven experience working in a research agency in a quantitative role. We have opportunities across several large client accounts, focused on Innovation based research. You’ll be working for multinational clients, providing pioneering research to enable them to achieve their mission. The Role
As an Associate Director, you’ll be responsible for supporting account growth through winning and delivering ad hoc projects designed to address the client’s widely varied business questions. There are five core areas of responsibility:
- Client Focused – you’ll betaking the lead in more complex project and account management. You’ll be fully responsible for set-up, design, execution and delivery of complex projects (e.g. with bespoke methodologies, complex sampling designs, advanced analytics, workshops/debriefs etc.). You’ll also be responsible for overseeing junior staff running smaller, simpler ad hoc projects, ensuring high quality delivery and client servicing is maintained throughout. You’ll have the opportunity to use your creativity to design bespoke, innovative proposals, making effective use of, and customizing where appropriate, Ipsos tools and techniques. Within this diverse environment there will be plenty of opportunity for you to actively develop new business and to work across a wide range of traditional and newer techniques.
- Commercially Driven – you’ll need to demonstrate a strong commercial drive and understanding of the factors which contribute to business success (revenue & profitability). Working closely with the Directors in the team, you’ll contribute to the development of and be responsible for delivering elements of the business plan.
- Financially Responsible – through costing and pricing jobs, controlling project budgets and contributing to client pitches. Our focus is on driving profitable growth, so you will be responsible for seeking opportunities to increase efficiencies and improve margins on every project we deliver.
- Passionate about raising the ‘floor’ – leading the team to confidently deliver stories, narratives and presentations focussed on insights from the data.
- Team - provide direction, coaching and support to junior team members working closely with other ADs, Directors and team heads to manage resources/ workloads effectively.
Our clients look to us to be innovative in the way we are running projects for them. They are open to new ways of working and relish our creative approaches. We partner with them and we are treated as an extension of their team. You’ll need to be responsive and energised, be ready to adapt at pace to the changing needs of the client but also be willing and able to push back when there is a different perspective to be brought into the discussion. You’ll have regular client interaction and work with colleagues across all levels to deliver a high level of insight, so you’ll need excellent communications skills and the ability to tailor your message and tone to suit the audience. About you
We are looking for an Associate Director who has proven experience of working on quantitative projects, you’ll be someone who thrives under pressure with excellent attention to detail and the ability to also take a step back and see the bigger picture. You’ll be someone who has a collaborative approach and a proven track record of working effectively as part of a team. To be successful in this role as an Associate Director you will need the following skills and experience:
- Client relationship management – able to build great relationships with their clients beyond transactional, demonstrating a genuine interest in them and their business issues
- Curiosity - Loves uncovering an insight and always thinks “so what? What does this mean for what the client should do?”
- Entrepreneurial & commercial skills - Helps drive commercial success, looking for opportunities to grow business while at the same time focusing on ways we can do things better, cheaper or faster
- Leadership skills - Leads by example, a role model who is easy to work with and has time for others, enjoying coaching and mentoring, and who wants the opportunity to help shape the team
One of our core values is curiosity so you’ll naturally be someone who is interested in challenges facing businesses today, reads widely and keeps up to date with news and developments in our industry and across our client sectors. If this is what you are looking for from your next role, we look forward to hearing from you!About us
We are one of the world’s largest research companies and currently the only one primarily managed by researchers. With offices in 90 markets, Ipsos brings together research, implementation, methodological, and subject-matter experts from around the world, combining thematic and technical experts globally with local knowledge to deliver top-quality research. Our culture is unique - we have the entrepreneurial spirit and quirkiness of a small boutique, but we also have the resources, scale and diversity of a large global agency. We have more bright, friendly, hard-working and enthusiastic people, from more backgrounds, with more interests, skills and experiences to learn from. Our values are based on our diverse cultural backgrounds, helping us to be responsive, client-focused and flexible. We are committed to equality, treating people fairly, promoting a positive and inclusive working environment and ensuring we have diversity of people and views. We recognise that this is important for our business success - a more diverse workforce will enable us to better reflect and understand the world we research and ultimately deliver better research and insight to our clients. We understand the importance of commitments you may have outside of work and we consider all flexible working applications - please highlight what you are looking for when you make your application.