J.P. Morgan Global Credit Trading business is a global leading market maker in bonds, credit derivatives, exotic products and solutions. It offers first-class, highly integrated financial services to a global client base and provides financial assets and liquidity for banks, insurance companies, finance companies, mutual funds and hedge funds. Traders, salespeople and research analysts work collectively to generate ideas and provide markets to clients.Our team
The Credit Systematic Market Making is part of the EMEA Credit Trading and performs end-to-end systematic trading of credit products, including Corporate and Emerging Market Bonds. We apply a scientific approach to trading by combining an understanding of market microstructure with modern data analytics to develop quoting, market-making and hedging strategies.
The candidate will be part of Quantitative Research, which is responsible for providing quantitative analytics and models to facilitate and optimize trading and risk management in the global CIB Markets Business. The responsibilities of the team span the full range from new model specification, research and implementation, applying for model approval, to integration into production systems as well as their day-to-day support.Opportunity
This exciting opportunity is at the intersection of trading, data science and quantitative research. The candidate would join our Credit Systematic Market Making team in London as an Associate or Vice President, working as part of the Credit Trading desk to shape the future of the bond portfolio trading business. This is a unique opportunity to combine state-of-the-art machine learning skills with systematic trading and risk management.Responsibilities
- Development, deployment and support of algorithms and tools for real-time pricing of corporate bonds;
- Applying machine learning and statistical techniques to EMEA bond markets;
- Conduct research and statistical analysis to build and refine monetization systems for trading signals, including alpha signals, hedging strategies and liquidation strategies;
- Written and verbal communication with Model Review Groups in order to make models pass strict in-house standards.
We work in a very dynamic environment. Excellent communication skills are required in our interaction with trading, technology, and control functions. The role requires a commercial mindset. A healthy interest in good software design principles is important. Prior experience working in a data driven research environment is an absolute requirement; a Ph.D. in a machine learning subject or related quantitative field from a top academic institution is a plus.Essential skills:
- Familiarity with fixed income analytics such as curve building and spread analytics;
- Strong data science background, including statistics, probability and machine learning; familiarity with concepts as parameter optimization, regularization, neural networks or Gaussian processes;
- Excellent practical data analytics skills on real data sets, including familiarity with methods for working with large data and tools for data analysis (pandas, numpy, scikit, TensorFlow);
- Good programming and OO design skills. Java and Python will be a plus, as would experience with reactive programming and a strong understanding of scripting languages;
- Good understanding of numerical algorithms and data structures;
- Attention to detail: thorough and persistent in delivering production quality analytics;
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment;
- Pro-active attitude: a self-learner, the candidate should be passionate about problem solving and should have a natural interest to learn about our business, models and infrastructure.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Clients turn to our industry-leading Markets, Sales and Research team to offer clients unique market insights on sectors and companies, and actionable ideas using research to make well-informed investment decisions. Teams understand products across asset classes and help clients structure solutions that manage risk, enhance yield and solve complex financial problems.