Who we are
Digital at Arcadia is moving, and it's moving fast. This point of change means challenges for you to grasp and own. It means real possibility and opportunity to frame what we do next, while building a network of connections as you go. Bring your big ideas and ambition to match, and we'll help you craft them into great experiences for our customers.
The Group Technology team work tirelessly to provide a seamless internal and external customer experience with the purpose of delivering genuine customer value. Working in close partnership with the brands, the team strive to be a catalyst for business transformation, showcasing industry leading technology solutions with the aim of making Arcadia as well known for how it uses technology as its brands are known for their fashion.The Role
As the Digital Systems Manager, you will take the lead across our entire digital technology domain, partnering with our Group Digital team, and Brand teams as well as teams across technology to evolve the digital capabilities of our platform.
The Digital team within technology is one of the most progressive teams within Arcadia Technology. Your role is to set the team up for success, support them in problem solving and enable them to deliver incremental value and insights as early and as often as possible, within constraints (time, finance etc).
There will be a need to manage relationships with third party vendors and work with our GDPR and Security teams to ensure transparency and to protect
customer data.Day to Day
As Digital Systems Manager you would be accountable for the delivery of complex digital initiatives, delivered by multiple teams, with high technical or business risk. This will include:
• Managing dependencies of varying complexity, leading outright or feeding into larger programmes and portfolios
• Removing blockers and managing risks, commercials, budgets and people
• Balancing objectives and redeploying people and resources as priorities change
• Using your in-depth knowledge of Agile and other methodologies to make the best call for delivery decisions
• Being responsible for understanding, managing and communicating to complex stakeholder groups, balancing priorities
• Acting as the initial escalation point and having a good an awareness of the bigger picture
• Planning software development iterations, working closely with the Product Management teams to ensure priorities and delivery dates align with business goals
• Creating and tracking a plan to deliver specific product initiatives/programme goals, including technical implementation plans on more complex initiatives, ensuring colleagues and stakeholders from across Arcadia are kept up to date
• Defining budgets and tracking capital and operating cost expenditure
• Building positive relationships with stakeholders to deliver software or professional services, holding them to account on delivery and improvement plansMust Haves
• Experience of leading complex digital programmes, e.g. digital re-platforms, upgrades or significant capability enhancements
• A good working knowledge of web technologies and ability to understand the functional relationship between mobile apps, backend services and IoT devices
• Require some of the skills of a traditional Programme Manager but with a strong focus on agile and lean tools
• Experience of working amongst delivery focused cross-functional iterative teams
• Commercial management - experience of effectively budgeting management within the constraints of the project
• Ability to monitor projected budgets against expenditure
• Great communication is key - can articulate clearly at any level, knows when to speak up, when to ask questions and when to listen, keeps interested parties informed and encourages interaction to keep focus on the common goal
• Experience of working closely with product development, digital or innovation teams
• Making the process work. You focus on the outcome. You can challenge and improve disproportionate organisational processes where it impacts the pace of the team
• Identify what works best for the team and when to utilise certain processes
• Understand that all steps in a process must add value, can influence and make positive changes to the organisation
• Above all, this position requires someone with an insatiable drive to get things done and who can keep everyone focused and motivated towards the same goalThe Exciting Part
- 25% staff discount across all brands within the group
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- Early finish summer hours
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Access to regular sample sales
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You'll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.