Zencargo is the Digital Freight Forwarder with a vision of a world with smarter trade. Since launching the business in Q2 2017, co-founders Jan Riethmayer, Alex Hersham and Richard Fattal have successfully grown the business and now work with some of Europe’s fastest growing businesses. Zencargo recently raised a large Series A and is in rapid growth phase, with the team expanding to 80 people, including an office in Hong Kong.
Zencargo have built a digital platform which is the central place for teams to manage the end-to-end operations and get real-time visibility into the progress of shipments, enabling Business Leaders to make decisions based on accurate data and implement strategies in seconds that improve Supply Chain efficiency.
Zencargo are backed by some of Europe’s leading Venture capital firms, Local Globe (Transferwise, Zoopla, Citymapper), HV Holtzbrinck Ventures (Zalando, Rocket Internet), Picus Capital (founded by Alex Samwer who co-founded Rocket Internet) and Samos Investments (Betfair, Ocado, Charlotte Tilbury).
At Zencargo, we bring a competitive advantage to our customers through collaboration and data. Your responsibilities will include:
- getting shipments moving from A to Z, with great oversight and support from our Senior Team Members
- reporting to the Logistics Manager / Head of Logistics
- managing imports, exports and cross trade shipments via air, sea and at times road (we don't split our teams into defined responsibilities)
- taking responsibility for some of our key/VIP customers
- monitoring and tracking shipments
- generating / cross checking documentation for and from both our customers and suppliers
- We live the mission - We can’t wait for the industry to change: we need to build the future our clients need
- We keep our customers in control - Communication is the bedrock of global trade. Our role is to empower our customers through information & communication
- We ship for our customers - Every decision we make is with our customer at its core. We constantly ask ourselves, ‘will our clients benefit from this?’
- Better you + better me = better us - Our goal is to help you discover your professional vision and work together to fulfil your potential
Culture is really important to us at Zencargo. If these values chime with you, we’d love to meet you.
- strong communication skills
- proactive, can do attitude
- minimum of 1 year professional experience working at a Freight Forwarder
- good understanding of the industry across the main modes of transport
- based in / available to work in Central London
- interest in technology
- attention to detail & strong administrative skills
- able to work to deadlines
- comfortable in taking directions / supervision
- good timekeeper
- adaptable to change
- clear communication both written and verbally
- Competitive salary and a pension scheme
- Internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- We offer flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days. We value output over face time. You’re free to work however you work best..
- £500 annual self-development budget for conferences and trainings - learning is important to us
- Excellent maternity and paternity packages.
- Fast paced environment with lots of room for creative freedom
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to change one of the biggest industries in the world
- Regular company socials.
- Weekly Yoga and discounts at local gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Nursery salary saving
A fair chance
Every role in the Zencargo team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope and intend) cultivates an environment of belonging. We open our doors to those who share these motivations.