Robert Half are working exclusively with Avara Foods to recruit for a Treasury and Tax Accountant
As a company with ambitious plans for the future continuing our growth we have an exciting newly created opportunity to join our finance team.Purpose of the role:
This role is also responsible for managing the treasury and cash flow requirements for the statutory entities within Avara Foods. The role will maintain day to day contact with Avara's banking partners.
This role will be responsible for managing, with support from the company's specialist tax advisors, the tax matters of Avara Foods. They will be responsible for ensuring tax compliance and accurate timely submissions. This role must be up to date with current taxation legislation.Main responsibilities for the Treasury and Tax Accountant will be:
Treasury and Cash Flow
- Drive cash cycle effectiveness working with AP and AR managers delivering relevant KPIs.
- Prepare and maintain weekly cash flow forecast.
- Prepare and manage capital cash flow and forecast in conjunction with the above.
- Manage Group working capital and RCF facilities.
- Report and manage Group banking covenants and limits.
- Convert foreign currencies as required.
- Deal with banking partner requests/audits
Working with Avara's specialist 3rd party tax advisors to:
A little bit about us
- Provide schedules for the tax advisors to prepare Group Corporation Tax returns.
- Review and submit the monthly Group VAT, Intrastat, EEC sales (or equivalent) returns.
- Prepare and submit other annual HMRC returns, including PSA, CCL.
- Prepare and pay the Group quarterly corporation tax payment on account.
- Manage internal actions arising from topical tax issues for the Group e.g. IR35, Brexit
- Ensure the Group tax control schedules are up to date and report to Senior Account Officer on a regular basis of key areas of development/concern.
- Work with other departments to ensure other tax considerations and requirements are met e.g. R&D/Capital Allowance claims.
- Prepare and submit tax schedules as requested by JV Shareholder (Cargill).
- Be the Group's main point of contact with HMRC.
We are a leading supplier of chicken, turkey and duck products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people. The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.What's in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. In your position, you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. you can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
Knowledge & Experience
- 33 days annual leave
- Life assurance cover
- Private Medical cover
- 6% pension contribution
- Various lifestyle benefits
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified with experience in a broad range of business taxes.
- Demonstrates clear experience & technical understanding of accounting principles & taxation legislation
- Conversant and comfortable with information technology inc. integrated ERP systems, systems design and implementation.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Able & willing to support business decisions beyond functional contribution.
- Able to build strong and effective working relationships with all key functions internally and externally and is able to influence others where there is no direct line of reporting.
- Able to articulate issues with clarity and conviction. In this regard, is instructional, committed and persuasive.
- Able to understand & interpret all the factors & conditions which impact financial performance and to translate those into proposals on which others can act.
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in producing great products, apply now.We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.