Our challenge. Your impact.
We aspire to be the Patient Centric global biopharmaceutical leader transforming the lives of people with severe diseases and we need exceptional individuals to achieve this goal. We are looking for enthusiastic and talented professionals who thrive on challenge and change, who want to deliver results, create patient value and make a real difference. It’s an exciting and busy time at UCB with plenty of projects in the pipeline!
Legal Counsel – Immunology Europe
To strengthen our Legal Team, based in our UK Office in Slough, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Legal Counsel.
As the Legal Counsel you will be responsible for providing legal support to UCB’s global Immunology portfolio in Europe.
You like to work in anenvironment where you can:
- Be part of the team focusing on Immunology and Dermatology and this role will provide legal support to all elements of the cross-functional teams responsible for launch and commercialization of Immunology products and services in Europe.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to transformational initiatives supporting brand agnostic projects such as Patient Experience, and contract management systems.
You will contribute by:
- Proactively counseling and providing strategic advice on the positioning of new medicines and associated services including on business strategy, development programs, promotional campaigns and materials and public announcements/press releases.
- Guiding new business models, social media initiatives and new forms of interactions with patients, healthcare professionals, payors and customers.
- Preparing for new product launches and supporting regulatory, pricing and reimbursement initiatives.
- Leading the drafting and negotiation of a wide range of commercial agreements in relation to the on-going needs of relevant teams.
- Advising on key business initiatives in Market Research, Real World Evidence and medical education/congresses.
- Partnering with business unit Data Privacy Officer to advise on GDPR issues impacting the business.
- Working with Business Development and other functions as required to maximize life cycle management opportunities.
- Advising on and determining appropriate actions regarding compliance issues such as competition law, relationships with healthcare professionals and patients, promotional regulations, anti-bribery and corruption.
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Qualified lawyer with several years’ experience ideally holding previous professional experience in the life sciences or consumer healthcare sector.
- Including good industry knowledge and familiarity with EU life sciences/consumer health law and regulation.
- Digital health experience is a plus coupled with GDPR experience.
- Ability to analyze complex legal issues and handle multiple, often complex projects simultaneously.
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.