: Bupa Actuarial Graduate Scheme (3-year programme) Start Date
Actuarial - 3 x 12-month rotations available in variety of teamsHours
35 Hours per weekLocation
London, Staines and BrightonSalary
£30,000 for 1st year graduatesThe role and what we offer
Our three-year Actuarial Graduate Scheme is designed to give you exposure to a range of actuarial disciplines, whilst studying to become a qualified actuary with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA). You'll complete three 12-month rotations across Bupa Global, Bupa UK and Group Functions, so you decide for yourself where you're best suited and what you enjoy most. You'll get great exposure to some of the following functions:
- Claims Analytics
- Regulatory Reporting
- Risk Management
Our intakes are deliberately smaller than other schemes, so we get to know you as individuals. With the support of our people and learning programmes, you'll develop on key skills such as leadership, communication, collaboration, project management and commercial awareness all in a caring and supportive environment. You'll receive a great benefits package including £1,000 joining bonus, private medical insurance and 25 days holiday. We'll also cover the cost of exam entry, study materials and external tutorials as long as you continue to make good progress.
We want to help you shape your career. It's important to us that you have a memorable experience with Bupa and get the most out of your career, whilst discovering your potential. From there, it depends on where you want to go next - the opportunities to progress will be endless. At Bupa we encourage and reward quick qualification and expect our students to qualify in 3 to 5 years so you will need a high level of commitment.What we're looking for
A huge part of what we're looking for is ambition and people who are focussed on delivering against our purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We're looking for people who put customers front and centre of what they do. Here are a few other things that will be needed:Eligibility
- A right to work in the UK
- Numerical based degree, such as (but not limited to) Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Economics
- Be on track to achieve, or have already achieved, at least a 2.1 in your degree
- Have achieved an ABB at A-Level or equivalent, with a minimum grade A in A-Level Maths (or equivalent)
- Curious and inquisitive, challenging the status quo, flexible and adaptable and tenacious and resilient.
- Effective self-organisation and ability to plan ahead, to complete tasks to deadlines.
- Positive, can-do attitude, pro-active and take the initiative.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Team player, able to work collaboratively with others and influence.
- Strong self-awareness with a drive and commitment to own development.
- Able to take a commercial approach.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- High level of commitment to achieve actuarial professional qualification
Our people are driven by our purpose and we're focussed on delivering the best for our customers, which is why we reinvest profits to provide better healthcare.
We're a global health insurance provider, operating clinics, dental practices and hospitals and employing over 80,000 people.
To find out more, visit www.bupa.com Your application
To find out more click on apply below. Once we review your application, successful candidates will, at each stage, will be moved to the following:Stage 1 -
Online logical and verbal reasoning ability testsStage 2 -
Video interview where you can really show us your motivation for our valuesStage 3 -
Assessment day, which could be virtual
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Closing date for applications: 6th July 2020 (subject to change)
Job Posting End Date
29 Jul 2020