Responsible for the rating, risk pricing and customer behaviour models underpinning Services pricing, the Insurance Pricing team use specialist actuarial, data science and analytical techniques to balance risk and opportunity through price and to support Pricing in meeting strategic growth and profitability targetsLocation: WindsorSalary: Salary £38k-£45k - (depending on experience)Closing Date: 3rd July 2020Competencies
- Actuarial Analysts should expect to progressively broaden their exposure to all areas in which the team are involved. Across multiple projects, they will have the opportunity to take responsibility at all stages from conception to post-implementation. As part of an agile team, they should also expect to be working across multiple products, disciplines and projects concurrently.
- Analysts support net pricing, Consumer (Retail) pricing, value modelling and strategic and commercial decision making to help deliver growth and/or value targets, providing:
• deep insight into the drivers of both observable and hidden differentials in costs and customer behaviour
• understanding of the impact of customer pricing, pricing dynamics and customer behaviour
• a toolbox of analytic and actuarial techniques to provide an Actuarial view of current/future performance
• support for Insurance data design, validation & consumption
- Analysts will further be expected to help the team research and introduce new techniques and methodology in such areas as:
• Understanding our own data better, particularly claims data
• Feature engineering
• Exploration & assessment of new data
• Developing sharable insight - e.g. R shiny dashboards/Power BI
• Enhanceunderstanding of business/system/finance/behavioural processes to drive model change
Skills & Experience
- Analysts will be expected to be part of the IFoA and as such, to follow all relevant actuarial and regulatory standards. This will include high standards of documentation.
• Broad understanding of contemporary technical and actuarial pricing techniques
• Application of data science within pricing or modelling
• Knowledge of GLM, price optimisation, stochastic simulation or similar specialist Insurance-standard software. WTW and @Risk an advantage.
• Intermediate SQL builder (via any platform)
. Coding skills beyond intermediate in at least one of: R, Python, VBA, VB .Net, C#
• Preparatory exploration, manipulation, analysisand representation of a range of different data types
• A developing adaption of techniques for differing data structures
• Developing understanding of principlesand concepts underpinning consumer pricing strategies and of wider insurance principles, conduct and regulation
• Awareness of, and ability to apply relevant regulatory and professional standards
• Agile and positive approach with good interpersonal skills
• Highly intellectually curious with broad interests in related areas
• Courage to fulfil professional obligations in a commercial environment
• Developing ability to communicate highly technical information to a non-technical audience. Effective communicatorof non-technical information.Education
Bachelor's degree level (min. 2:1), or equivalent, with significant exposure to mathematics or statistics
An equivalent or higher qualification in Data Science an advantage
Equivalent or higher qualification in related fields such as Finance, Economics or Data Sciences would be welcomed. Good progress with technical actuarial exams or similar by experiencePLEASE APPLY ONLINE
by hitting the 'Apply
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.