A parenting network with chat rooms, a local business and event platform, and web content is now looking for an experienced, self-motivated Front and Back End Web Developer to join their London based team.
Although the company will consider remote (work from home) candidates, you will need to be an exceptional candidate with a commitment to producing high quality work in a timely manner as would be expected of you from working in an office environment.
- Plan and architect the technology for many new features - including live chat, video sharing webinar hosting, member connections, and online booking systems
- Migrate the website, its content, and its community forums onto a new custom framework
- Deliver projects to agreed deadlines
- Deliver projects in good quality and after thorough testing
- Problem-solve any issues with the site, including diagnosing and correcting any bugs
- Maintain and improve the operations and speed of the website in its current form
- Apply technical SEO best practices to improve site speed and performance
- Able to work either alone or in a small team
- Able to communicate effectively with the other team members about the work, both developers and non-developers
- 5 years+ experience in development, testing, and deployment of web applications
- Comfortable with custom-coding new applications without reliance on plug-ins
- Fluent or native level of English language is necessary
- Knowledge and experience of all stages of web development
- Optional experience in C, C++, Ruby, React, Python, and microservices
- Enjoy problem-solving
- Self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, especially in understanding requirements and explaining technical or complex concepts
The website includes:
- Interactive community rooms where members can connect and share images and messages. This is being migrated onto a new framework
- Web content currently on WordPress, which will be migrated onto a custom framework
- A unique local listings platform where businesses can list their events, recurring events, and services
They are looking for a full-stack developer with experience working on web platforms with similar features.
Preference for those who have experience in one or more of the following:
- Technical SEO
- Live chat web applications or similar community spaces with user-generated content
- Phalcon framework
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY to send your CV including examples of your works for immediate consideration.