Do you want to partner with other great developers to make amazing games? Are you a proven collaborator with experience in the Technical Artist role on previous published titles for PC or console? Are you high energy, enthusiastic and self-motivated? If all this sounds like you, read on - AntiMatter Games may be for you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You'll have a passion for Technical Art, and for working with other disciplines to make a difference, particularly on improving pipelines and supporting the art team.
- You will assess, maintain and improve our existing set of shaders and material creation processes.
- You'll have a keen eye for monitoring game performance and memory usage and help to improve the monitoring toolset.
- You'll create and maintain PostFX and provide feedback on the creation workflow.
- You will master optimizing effects for performance while retaining visual quality.
- You will collaborate with the Art Lead in order to maintain visual consistency.
- You'll act as the bridge between art and technical groups.
- You will help troubleshoot and provide solutions to visual effects related issues
- You will create high quality real time visual effects.
- Experience creating VFX and PFX in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Unreal Engines`s Materials, Cascade / Niagara and Blueprints
- Experience with optimizing particle effects in game environments
- Experience as Technical Artist on at least one shipped title.
- In depth knowledge of memory and performance impact from a content creation perspective.
- Experience with 3ds Max
- Experience with UE4 or similar engine
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Understanding of run-time shader languages such as HLSL or GLSL
- Experience in Python and the use of PyQt/PySide
- Skills to communicate material and rendering features to the art and design teams.
- Ability to translate requests into usable materials and PostFX.
- A clear understanding of your own desires to grow and areas where you need to.
- Experience with Quixel suite / Substance suite
- Experience with Houdini or other real-time particle system
- Passion for First Person Shooters
- Strong positive communicator
AntiMatter Games is Cornwall's largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer's 'Multiplayer Game of the Year', and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. We are currently busy developing first-person tactical shooter '83 as well as working on a currently unannounced project.
Working for AntiMatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We have a strong company culture, where our employees are encouraged to have an excellent work-life balance. We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
Based in waterside offices in Truro, the UK's most Southerly city, AntiMatter Games' offices are within a few minutes walk of Cornwall's shopping, culture and eating hub. Accessible by bus or train, and with private car parking, or for the more adventurous, you could kayak to work! Perfectly positioned to explore the tranquil South Coast or the crashing Atlantic North Coast, we offer an unrivalled life/work experience for those making games in the UK.
On weekends and evenings, our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beachcombing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera. On rainy days you might find a friendly game of Dungeons & Dragons or a book to read by the fireplace. Sometimes we also play video games!
International Applicants welcome.
Apply for This Job