Specific The Sustainment Programme Manager (SPM) will manage and oversee Technical and Performance Based Logistic (PBL) Sustainment services in support of the UK’s new Apache 64E Attack Helicopter, specifically the Modernised Target Acquisition Designation Sight (M-TADS) and Fire Control Radar (FCR) Systems. The SPM will also provide strategic support in developing/maturing Ampthill’s Sustainment Capability providing a common ‘platform’ for enabling Sustainment Services for all Ampthill’s products. General responsibilities include:
- Managing transition up to Contract Award.
- Establishing the baseline plan to deliver commitments and achieve the performance, cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Developing and maintaining the programme organisation, roles and responsibilities and the matrix relationship to business functions.
- Managing execution performance against the baseline (cost, schedule and quality).
- Review Programme Delivery Performance taking early action to ensure Customer KPIs are met.
- Establishing and maintaining management plans.
- Ensuring the programme’s plans, schedules, cost, and resource baselines are set and maintained, taking account of dependencies, resource requirements and contractual and financial commitments.
- Implementing a Programme Performance Improvement process.
- Implementing data management and configuration management processes.
- Generation, analysis and review of Estimate-At-Completion on a monthly basis, taking into account the impact of cost, schedule and service delivery performance.
- Ensuring the programmes risks and opportunities are identified, monitored and mitigation plans devised and implemented.
- Ensuring compliance with Company process and procedures.
- Undertaking the required reviews to ensure good governance by providing evidence based progress and status information and reports.
- Leading the programme team to deliver through empowerment and motivation
- Managing stakeholders.
- Develop a Service Delivery Culture within the team, focused on customer Satisfaction.
Job Reference Number 5711BR Employee Type Full Time Hours Per Week 37.5 Country United Kingdom Business Environment Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision and Apache platforms. We are looking for talented experienced individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday. Clearance Required for Role SC Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy? No Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Experienced in delivering successful Technical and Performance Based Logistic (PBL) Sustainment services in a corporate environment.
- Experience of Apache / Military Aviation Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services.
- Evidence of frequent interaction with senior leader's (internal and external).
- Proven record of shaping/influencing financial/strategic decision making.
- Strong leadership attributes.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
Equal Opportunity Statement Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.28/08/2020
- Discipline: Programme Management
- Town/Region: Ampthill - Bedfordshire