We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves: “what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do?” With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.Brief Description
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
As a Programme Office Coordinator, you’ll provide administrative, technical and analytical assistance to the Programme Management Office (PMO) team by supporting the creation and maintenance of programme and projects from inception to closure. Working closely with Programme & Project Services, Finance and other Route Services stakeholders to provide programme and project information. You’ll support PMO team to deliver to customer via admin & support tasks, manage OP, create PEST, create projects in OP, subject matter expertise in the PMO processes & delivery methodologies, review & maintain user guides, process & proceduresAbout the role (External)
What will you be doing?
· Set up and maintain effective programme and project management information and structures in Active Risk Management, Oracle Projects, Sharepoint/Hub and to guide Programme & Project Services in the use of those structures, systems and tools.
· Follow-up the processing of Change Requests and maintenance of Risk Assumption Issue Dependencies Logs.
· Work collaboratively with Governance Risk Audit team and other Route Services functions (e.g. Service Design, Test & Assurance, Information Systems Strategy, Contracts & Procurement etc.) to assist in providing up to date advice on Route Services IT delivery methodologies.
· Manage the revision of internal process documentation and update accordingly e.g. ‘how to guides’, induction packs and training materials.
· Pro-actively prepare briefing packs, meeting packs and action packs ahead of key meetings by collating, analysing and manipulating data, records and other information in a range of professional presentation styles to the Programme office team.
· Provide and update templates for project plans and reports for weekly and periodic reporting.
· Monitor progress of programmes and projects and maintain a record of stage gate reviews and follow-up actions.
· Identify areas for process improvements and make recommendations.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Do you meet the following criteria?
· Excellent MS Office applications in particular, Word, Excel and Powerpoint, utilising these to deliver reports and management information in a high quality/professional style.
· Knowledge of Network Rail’s Active Risk Manager (ARM), Oracle Projects and Sharepoint systems.
· Strong organisation skills.
· Experience of working in customer focused environment, in particular within PMO or embedded PMO.
· Good stakeholder management skills – ability to communicate to all levels within the organisation.
· Experience of project management/PMO with an understanding of Prince2 and Agile delivery methodologies.
· Recognised process improvement skills/expertise
· Understanding of NR Governance FrameworksHow to apply (External)
Salary: circa £27,000. Closing date: 21 August 2020 Late applications will not be accepted.
Click ‘apply now’ to apply.
*Please note we have adapted our recruitment processes in line with Government advice during COVID-19. Interviews will take place ‘virtually’ over video and for some office based roles the successful candidate may need to work from home initially using their own personal device. This guidance is subject to change, we will update you accordingly. We appreciate your understanding.
To be considered for this role, you shall live within 75 minutes of The Quadrant Milton Keynes.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information
Milton Keynes, England, Milton Keynes, MK9, United Kingdom