- Product Support Engineer (TIEN2.01.791703) Product Support Engineer - (TIEN2.01.791703) dunnhumby is the world’s leading customer science company. We analyse data and apply insights from nearly one billion shoppers across the globe to create personalised customer experiences in digital, mobile, and retail environments. Our strategic process, proprietary insights, and multichannel media capabilities build loyalty with customers to drive competitive advantage and sustained growth for clients. dunnhumby employs over 2,000 experts in offices throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas and works with a prestigious group of companies including Tesco, Monoprix, Raley’s, Macy’s, Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, and PepsiCo. For more information, please visit us at . Dunnhumby is looking for an Product Support Engineer to help support and improve one of the largest product in Price and Promotion, you will be a Subject Matter Expert for all Price and Promotion Solution areas and will be the primary contact for dunnhumby clients beyond any solution implementation for any software related issues.
Your biggest stakeholders are dunnhumby’s clients, client leads, technical account management and product developers who rely on your understanding of the client’s solutions, configurations and issues to deliver client value. Key Responsibilities
- Providing support to users of Price and Promotion solutions, taking ownership of issues from assignment to resolution.
- Where defects with the software are identified that require escalation to the Product Management and Development teams ensure that these are fully documented and communicated to those teams.
- Serve as subject matter expert for Price and Promotion solutions answering solution related inquiries from both external clients and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements are adhered to in relation to all Support related incidents
- Delivering all tiers of Support to clients via telephone and web and communicating fully with those clients throughout the process of triage and resolution to ensure that they are always aware of the status of their solutions and the client value of solutions is maintained.
- Analysing and resolving data queries arising from source data or escalating to the relevant team where appropriate
- Ensure the continued execution of batch processes in line with solution availability agreements which includes support of processing within a 24 * 7 * 365 model
- Assisting in the delivery of Implementation projects by advising on solutions, configuration, best practices as well as triaging product related issues that arise from those.
- Working with the DevOps team, ensuring the successful delivery of software to the operational environment
- Use solution expertise to articulate and recommend options to non-custom client requirements and enhancements.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of a knowledge base covering Price and Promotion solutions.
- Helping to define and scope the direction and continued improvement of all Support functions within the organization.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of products supplied to our client, including latest developments to their products
- Monitoring and investigating any performance issues that are affecting solution performance and make recommendations to database tuning, configuration, data purging, batch configuration as required to resolve the issues.
Qualifications Knowledge and Experience
- Systems/Applications Support working experience within the scope of a client facing Support team
- Experience of defect, release and change management within the ITIL Framework
- Fluency in querying and investigating data in SQL.
- Incident management and process understanding
- Experience of software development concepts, lifecycle and technologies
- Experience of modern and traditional process scheduling techniques (Windows batch scheduling, Airflow)
Life at dunnhumby
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Exposure to working with distributed teams. Work as a team with others
- Adaptable and flexible
- High energy and self-motivation
- Ability to work on multiple projects / tasks and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn the business and new technology
- Team-oriented work ethic that includes willingness to help others
- Excellent written communication and documentation
- Great at educating others and sharing knowledge
- Be driven to improve yourself and the way things are done
dunnhumbians are passionate people who always start with the customer, we are ambitious and decisive, we listen and understand, innovate and explore, and work together to grow one dunnhumby.
Our approach to Flexible Working
- Here you'll be part of a culture that welcomes participation and discussion at all levels.
- You’ll get to work in an internationally collaborative environment alongside teams of ambitious, inquisitive and forward-thinking individuals.
- We believe that learning and development never stops and provide opportunities to feed your curiosity to understand, improve, and learn; encouraging everyone to build on the best of what we do.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with ground-breaking technology delivering extraordinary impact for our customers.
- We’re a great believer in work-life balance offering flexible working hours plus an extra day off on your birthday.
- dunnhumby's spirit of community and the diversity of our people's skills, backgrounds and experiences makes us stronger. We continuously seek to build an environment of inclusion, equality and respect because we know that will make us the best business we can be.
- At dunnhumby, we value and respect difference and are committed to building an inclusive culture by creating an environment where you can balance a successful career with your commitments and interests outside of work. We believe that you will do your best at work if you have a work / life balance. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, so if this is important to you please raise this with your recruiter, as we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Discover where a career with us can take you. Meet our people on YouTube to learn about the diversity in career paths across dunnhumby. For more about our culture and to explore the benefits we offer visit our Careers site. Primary Location : United Kingdom-Manchester Job : Technology and Infrastructure-Engineering Job Type : Regular Job Posting : May 12, 2020, 3:04:31 PM