Vacancy: Product Line Manager LDD (SCR/SCRF/ASC) FTLocation: UK - Royston
Job Family: Product Management / Product Line
Johnson Matthey is the global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us.
The automotive market is changing and requires a new approach for our Clean Air Sector to win in this next phase of change. The broad brush strategic direction, to be the 'kings of diesel' whilst participating selectively in gasoline, is now being implemented and we have recently announced a new structure for Clean Air which ensures that the roles, responsibilities, accountabilities and decision rights are clear, unambiguous and aligned to our new strategy - a joined up approach to our customers with great products based on outstanding technology which will mean we lead in diesel, play selectively in gasoline, while driving and making a step change in our efficiency and excellence programmes. This will include a single uniform customer approach, customer segmentation, product management & product life cycle management, a consistent global scalable technology model, standard plant structures & processes, clear, aligned structures and programmatic step change management.
As a result, this new role has been developed within our Clean Air Sector. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your career within a company who has a fantastic vision for a cleaner healthier world.
The Clean Air Product Line Manager has responsibility for driving the execution of the Product Line's cross-functional roadmap and for delivering on the Product Line's business and financial targets.
The Product Line Manager has direct responsibility for their Product Group (portfolio of components), working closely with the other members of the Global Product Management team (Marketing, Business Risk and Programme Management). They proactively interact with all other Clean Air functions in Sales, Technology and Operations, ensuring cross-functional activities are aligned to execute on the business line plan. The Product Line Manager will also work closely with the other Product Line Managers where there are needs or opportunities to collaborate across Product Groups.Key responsibilities
Are you the ideal candidate?You will have:
- Work with the Product Line Director to translate the Product Line strategy into a more detailed Product Line cross-functional roadmap and actionable plan feeding the 3-year budget.
- Work closely with Marketing to gain market segment understanding/ expertise and develop solid Customer Value Propositions and pricing strategies for the Product Line and Product Groups.
- Collaborate with peers in Sales, Technology and Operations to co-define functional roadmaps, providing the necessary support and guidance for successfully accomplishing their own missions.
- Lead a team of Product Managers to deliver the Product Group's targets while managing every aspect of their products throughout their respective lifecycles. Develop, stretch and support the individuals within the team.
- Collaborate closely with the Program Management team and CA Business Risk Director to ensure compliance with CA's NPI process and successful launch of new products with measured and limited business risks.
- Contribute to building business cases for Product Group capital projects and present to the PLD; working with other SPM's and cross-functional colleagues to ensure synergies (e.g. LD/HD, legislation, systems & processes) and robust proposals. Ensure resources are available within the other functions to support.
- Collaborate with other Product Line Managers to ensure alignment where they share customers, assets, resources and investments.Be prepared to represent and support any other SPM located in another region.
- Initiate and drive issue resolution at the Product Group level to ensure appropriate collaboration and ownership within the functions.
- Work together with other Product Line Managers to complete full product portfolios and to deliver systems packages to meet strategic goals on pricing and profitability as well as the customer technical and TCO / Value proposition during the bidding process.
How to apply:
- Experience translating strategic goals into clear roadmaps and objectives
- Experience in understanding a P&L, product costing and profitability
- Experience in influencing a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working globally across different functions and cultures
- Experience within Chemicals and/or Automotive Industry
- Strong business acumen and goal driven
- Strong influential leadership and management skills
- Strong decision making and issue resolution skills
- Excellent influencing skills and ability to manage conflicts of interest
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a complex/changing organization
This role has been identified as available for those at risk. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please follow the instructions via the share point site to apply.
For guidance and tools on CV writing and interview preparation please click here; https://myjm.sharepoint.com/hrinfo/CareerPath/Pages/CareerPathHome.aspx
Applications will be reviewed as part of a wider selection criteria, in addition to data from your application, performance ratings and other potential data will also be considered.