At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.Job Overview
Location: Swindon, UK
The Appliances Business Unit requires a Principal Development Engineer to support new product development for our Heat Shrink Tubing portfolio. This individual will be responsible for New Product Development for Heat Shrink Tubing Products and this position will be based in Swindon, UK. This person will be expected to bring highly relevant, practical and theoretical expertise in the new product development of Heat Shrink Tubing team. They will be responsible for all aspects of new product development, including obtaining voice of customer, new product concepts, new product development, and industrialization of the new product.
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline required; BS in Material Science or relevant experience preferred or Masters degree / PHD with relevant experience.
• Extensive technical experience in compounding, extrusion, material science and heat shrink products
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Demonstrates mastery of product development by integrating deep knowledge of theory and practical experience
• Advanced design simulations experience preferred
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; presents technically complex concepts in a way to foster understanding and acknowledgement of critical information
• Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation
• Adapts and makes departures from traditional methods or approaches to develop innovative products
• Knowledge of associated manufacturing processes a plus
• Proactive approach to design for cost, quality and manufacturability
• Must be a strong leader, motivator and mentor
• Knowledge of Voice of Customer, Design to Value, Design for Six Sigma, LEAN Manufacturing and LEAN business processes is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to communicate, negotiate and drive results
• Must be self-motivated, organized, with the ability to prioritize, set and achieve goals and drive improvements in business processes for product development Competencies Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
Cheltenham, England, Gloucestershire, GL50, United Kingdom