Why join our team?
The European IM Product Quality Specialist will support the team of European Product Quality, which is part of the Service & Quality team, and belongs to the European Customer Satisfaction Operations team.
The main scope of the role is to support on communications, tasks and actions, and act as data collection point from the 15 technical support teams of European Subsidiaries, for quality issues received from new product launches and from in-market models’ for all IM portfolio that ranges from mobiles, tablets, wearables, to other accessories.
Role and Responsibilities
What will be your key deliverables?
- Support the European Product Quality team ensuring that the escalations are addressed and followed up in a timely manner, the tasks and activities are organised in accordance to product launch programs and all communications are well-explained for all 15 EU Subs to be aligned to unified practises.
- Participate on NPI programs for new model launches in market and collaborate with 15 Subs to collect data and follow up on activities and requests.
- Prepare data collection by accessing different kinds of data from different systems, in order to consolidate particular information for products status, performance or updates.
- Understand defective scenarios and highlight the potential cause and conditions.
- Provide information and updates about quality issues updates, either by service bulletins for in-market volume or by countermeasures for newly built on production line, on a weekly basis and accordingly to highlight areas to focus on.
- Identification and understanding of unusual product behavior and unexpected performance trends.
- Drive implementation on Quality improvements with the relevant business areas ensuring clarity on the technical aspects such as HW improvements via Service Bulletins and SW improvements/upgrades over the product lifecycle.
- Anticipate issues and follow up to deploy improvements to ensure maximum impact and ROI by looking for side effects, measuring effectiveness and understand maximum impact.
- Help to plan and coodinate Quality fixes to key and relevent parts of the business.
Skills and Qualifications
What do we need for this role?
- Excellent knowledge and technical understanding on consumer electronics goods – previous work experience on major manufacture is a must.
- Understanding of product design and production stage, product lifecycle, sustainability – is an advantage.
- Understanding of industry standard KPIs along with correlation to the day to day activities such as NFF, FFR, CRRR (Repeat Repair Ratio)
- Understanding of product design and production stage, SW production stage, product lifecycle and familiarity with the terms NPS, BETA, UX, FOTA, OOBE.
- Passionate about technolgy and mechanics
- Willing to learn, and learn more
- Flexible & agile to adopt to workload changes
- Analytical & practical skills. Very curious mind-set
- Communication skills & open minded approach
- Strong knowledge on Microsoft packages (Specifically Excel and Power Point)
- Excellent English, oral and written – other language skills is an advantage
What does success look like?
- Attention to detail & target perfection
- Self motivated & Proactive
- Enthusiastic & Can-do attitude
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced environment
- BSc or equivalent degree in mechanical engineering or relevant field, or similarly relevant work experience.
- Willing to travel if required