3rd Line Support Engineer - Permanent - Hampshire - Up to £65,000 DOE - SC or DV Cleared
The Key Responsibilities of a 3rd Line Support Engineer:
This vacancy Is to cover the role of a Third Line Technical Engineer within an infrastructure support team. The role will start up with some work in central London, moving to the Hampshire (M3 Corridor) area. The candidate will act as a point of escalation for live technical and CAB queries. The candidate will support the Lead Technical Manager (LTM) for all high severity MIs affecting a dynamic user base working on Secure contracts. The candidate will have a SME level knowledge of Active Directory and its application in large complex secure environments, and will the escalation point for all AD queries from the 2L teams. The candidate will have experience in carrying out in-depth documentation reviews and have experience supporting technical responses to major IT infrastructure projects. The candidate should have knowledge of dashboard creation and support using SCOM and have hands-on experience of supporting PKI infrastructure. The candidate must have a deep and extensive knowledge of building and supporting commercial server solutions including access devices such as laptops and workstations. The candidate must have experience working in secure environments ideally both Official Sensitive and Secret classification levels and has Orange clearance and above. The applicants support experience should be primarily based on working from remote support sites. The candidate should have extensive experience of VMware, DHCP, DNS, WINS and Group Policy objects. The applicant must have at least 18 months experience in a similar role.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes. Process. Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Service Level. Manages systems within SLA, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Project Work. Technical implementation of medium to large infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements. Consults in tender stage as a technical expert in complex projects. May give training, presentation or workshops.
- Customer Relations. Maintains working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems. Engages with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary. Proactively analyses information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
- Team Working. Takes a technical lead, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. Stands in for the manager if needed.
- Business Awareness. Proactively contributes both technically and commercially to identify and win new business. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
- Professional Development. Stays up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
Below is a list of Mandatory Skills required for the 3rd Line Support Engineer, however you will not be expected to have everything:
- WinTel Core Systems.
- Server 2k3, 2k8, 2k10.
- AD SME.
- GPO SME.
- Win7, XP.
- Technical Lead experience.
The client would also like to see some of the below, but this is not essential:
- Feedback from customers, Project Manager, Tech Lead & Service Lines etc.
- Feedback of participants (internal and external) for technical training sessions delivered.
- Proven track record working with product authority and external vendor support teams.
- Proven track record of problem resolutions.
- Successful solution designs implemented.
- Evidence of sharing and re-use of knowledge.
- Successful definition, implementation and conformance to processes.
- Service level requirements met.
- Response and resolution to escalated issues in a timely manner.
The client is very open to candidates from different backgrounds so please do apply for more information.
- Group risk
- Company cars
- Employee discounts scheme
- Recognition programme
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or DV Cleared. If you do not hold an active SC or DV Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2020.