SOFTWARE ENGINEER - TecQuipment, Long Eaton
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative Software Engineer to join our busy and highly motivated multi-disciplinary Engineering team. You will need several years relevant experience and be able to hit the ground running.
The work is varied, interesting and demanding as we expect high standards for quality and performance. With good theoretical and practical technical knowledge, you will be responsible for designing, producing, testing and maintaining software for both new and existing products, as specified by our Product Development Manager. Main responsibilities will include:
• As part of our New Product Development team, you will develop products with specific responsibility for firmware and software.
• Proposing and developing technical solutions to enable and enhance new and existing products.
• Providing technical support for existing products and providing technical input for product manuals.
• Providing staff and customers with technical training and answer technical queries from sources within or outside of the company.
Location: Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire
Department: New Product Development
Reporting to: Product Development Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week - 8.00am to 4.30pm Mon–Thurs (30 mins lunch), 8.00am to 1.00pm Fri (no lunchbreak)
Benefits: Competitive rate of pay, pension, life assurance, generous holiday entitlement, pleasant working environment with free parking
Contract type: Permanent, full time.
• Relevant engineering/scientific qualification (Degree level)
• Experience in embedded software development using C
• Experience in Windows software development, ideally C#
• Creative and confident in putting forward ideas
• A good team player with the ability to solve problems
• Knowledge of electronics and communication protocols
• Experience with microcontrollers
• National Instruments LabView Development
• SCADA systems and mobile app development
How to apply
Email your CV and optional covering letter to [email protected]