Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45000 + Benefits
Digit People are currently recruiting for a prestigious public sector client for a permanent Cyber Security consultant. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security professional and an extraordinary opportunity to work within a highly defined cyberspace and build relationships with wider stakeholders to drive and meet our business goals.
Our Client is looking for an experienced Security Consultant to provide cybersecurity advice and guidance to the business, projects and IT teams. Responsibilities include:
• Help to deliver “Secure First” cyber strategy by working with projects from inception and acting as an advisor to internal and external teams. Build and maintain a successful working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
• Efficient in Conducting gap analysis and risk assessment activities throughout the project life cycle and make recommendations to address and mitigate risks.
• Strong experience in designing the scope of penetration tests and vulnerability assessments throughout the project lifecycle. Result from review and provide recommendations.
• Review and sign off security testing strategies against requirements.
• Contribute to the development of the organizations' cybersecurity strategies, security non-functional requirements, Technology Reference Models, security policies and standards.
Candidates Background and Experience:
• Expert experience working as a security consultant or advisor and formal cybersecurity certification such as CISSP, SSCP, CISM
• Strong familiarity with industry compliance and security standards - Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, NIST, CIS, NCSC Cloud Security Principles, NCSC 10 Steps to Cyber Security
• Demonstrable consulting skills and ability to communicate with business and technical stakeholders.
• Ability to understand business problems and articulate business and cybersecurity risk at a technical and business process level.
• Strong Knowledge of Vulnerability Management tooling, Malware Defence, IDAM, Security Incident Event Management, Encryption Technologies, Secure Software Lifecycle, and GDPR.
• Knowledge of IT, network security, Windows and Linux platforms
• Expert knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles.
• Expert knowledge of cloud platforms, such as Azure, AWS, Oracle
• Ideally strong experience on procurement practice such as working on bids responding to, and writing, commercial ITTs.
• Formal cybersecurity certification - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Certified Information Security Manager certification (CISM).
If you are interested in the above position please send us your updated CV and Covering notes