Senior Applied Scientist, Computer Vision Posted: 10 Jul 2020Closes: 9 Aug 2020 UK, London Competitive Permanent & Full-time AMZ_1049476 DESCRIPTION
EVEN THOUGH ADVERTISED IN UK ROLE IS BASED IN BERLIN - GERMANY
Do you want to develop Computer Vision and Machine Learning to create Robotic solutions with a worldwide impact? Amazon has the world's most exciting treasure trove of robotic challenges. The Robotics AI team at Amazon is building high-performance, real-time robotic systems that can perceive, learn and act intelligently alongside humans, at Amazon scale.
We are looking for an experienced Computer Vision Scientist capable of building and delivering robust perception systems for object understanding, to support robotic manipulation. You will join the European center for Robotics AI, which is based in Berlin, Germany. We work on computer vision, machine learning, deep learning, planning, control and simulation applied to robotics. You will be closely collaborating with scientists across all these disciplines. We are expanding to meet the huge application demand at Amazon.
If you are excited to push the state of the art and to solve some of the most challenging real-world problems and if you would like to live in one of the world's most exciting cities, then we have the perfect role for you. We are particularly excited to receive applications from candidates with specialisms in an area close to some of the following: object recognition (instance and categorical), 3D surface modeling and reconstruction, 3D pose estimation, multi-view stereo, structure from motion, object tracking, 2D/3D deformable modelling, segmentation (both semantic and instance based) or deep learning approaches to robot manipulation. We seek candidates who can:
• Research, design, implement and evaluate novel algorithms for robotic vision
• Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
• Collaborate with teams spread all over the world, in particular Boston and Seattle
• Work closely with software engineering teams to drive Amazon scale, real-time implementations
• Be driven by business goals
Amazon's goal is to be the most customer-centric company in the world. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and goal-driven people. If you're excited to be part of one of the world's largest automation systems, this is your chance to make history.
• A PhD in Computer Vision, Robot Vision or a related discipline
• Broad knowledge of fundamentals and the state of the art in relevant areas of Computer Vision/Machine Learning/Robotics/Artificial Intelligence/Data Science/Deep Learning
• Three years of post-doctoral experience in either industry or academia
• A strong track record of publications at major Computer Vision and related conferences (e.g. CVPR, ICCV/ECCV, RSS, NeurIPS, ICRA, IROS, CoRL) or journals (IEEE T-PAMI, IJCV, CVIU, IJRR, IEEE TRO, JMLR)
• Outstanding coding skills in two or more programming languages such as Python and C/C++
• Hands-on experience in Computer Vision and Machine Learning
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Deep Learning implementation expertise (MxNet, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc)
• Experience in Robotics
• Experience with Cloud Computing and Services such as AWS
• 3+ years of experience in Python